The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Cubase sx
Old 5th December 2002
Bernard 
Cubase sx

Anyone out there done a comparison with pro tools? I've been using pro tools le (mac g4) for about two years now but recently a friend has done some mixes of my stuff on cubase sx (pc)and mastered with wavelab, with very interesting results. Just wondering if anyone else had noticed. Clients are picking Cubase all in the box mix every time even over mix plus24 mixes and mastered through high end signal chain. He's been getting the same reaction to some of his stuff? What gives here? Only thing we haven't done is tried tracking with cubase sx. We'll be giving that a go soon.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

I haven't done a comparison with Pro Tools, but I recently ditched Logic in favour of Cubase SX, and I couldn't be happier with it.

I'm tracking on Radar, and then dumping certain parts into Cubase for editing / plug-ins etc. SX is just very, very easy to use
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

SX is a nice app', but it has some problems...........when pushed hard, the bugs come crawling out.........i reckon the next big release will be the time the jump in there.......i'm waiting on Nuendo 2.0, but Samplitude 7.0 may just blow everything else away (due out in about a week)
📝 Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear