The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Past Guest Moderator Forums (alphajerk)
Old 4th December 2002
Lives for gear

Past Guest Moderator Forums (alphajerk)

Jules, is there any way to still read that forum or is it all gone? I really want to start learning about motu gear so i thought i'd browse the forum.

Thanks

And sorry for posting this here, but there really isn't a "general' forum so i just put it in the most visited one.
Old 5th December 2002
Yes, its down the main page in the Gearslutz "Archives" make sure you have your page view (on the botom) set to "from the begining" - then you will see ALL of the past guest moderators posts!

They are in there, go find em!

Also try a search using 2408, Motu etc

Old 5th December 2002
There is only one

you wont find anything about gear in my guest spot... my slot tended to focus on the abstract side of recording.

what do you wanna know about motu stuff?

also try www.unicornation.com although lately its just been filled with a bunch of babies.
Old 5th December 2002
Lives for gear

I'll be glad to help too... Not that it matters.

Babies huh. You are too kind to those (*^&$%^#%&%.
Old 6th December 2002
There is only one

ive got an almost 3 year old and a wife so im used to a lot of whining
Old 6th December 2002
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Jules
Yes, its down the main page in the Gearslutz "Archives" make sure you have your page view (on the botom) set to "from the begining" - then you will see ALL of the past guest moderators posts!

They are in there, go find em!

Also try a search using 2408, Motu etc

Jules,

Suggestion:

Is it possible for Meg to move the page view bar to the top of the threads? It would make it a lot easier for people to see.

Many people don't realize the default page view setting only shows posts within the last 30 days when it's at the bottom under the last thread.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
Old 6th December 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by Remoteness
Jules,

Suggestion:

Is it possible for Meg to move the page view bar to the top of the threads? It would make it a lot easier for people to see.

Many people don't realize the default page view setting only shows posts within the last 30 days when it's at the bottom under the last thread.

Thanks for your time and consideration.
I second this idea.
Old 6th December 2002
I think that would require whats known as a 'hack' - or a delve into the code of the bulitin board it'self..

Meg is hired by me for GS admin and web 'experience'. She's too busy on her own music to get THAT deep into detail.. Although I am sure she COULD do it if forced to.

I will ask her, but feel I should apologise in advance..

I CAN however make a note about the issue so folks can see it when they arrive on the archive main page,I feel that would be a good idea and thanks for bringing the issue to my attention.
Old 6th December 2002
Super Moderator

Maybe vBulletin could consider this option in their next software version, that allows you to put the page view bar on top or at the bottom of the thread archives.

Furthermore, it would be even better if they let you see the threads from the beginning as a standard choice...

I'll keep my fingers crossed on this possible option in future software upgrades...
Old 28th November 2005
Only took 3 years for me to figure out.

I have now set the default setting to show ALL threads..

Old 28th November 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules
Only took 3 years for me to figure out.

I have now set the default setting to show ALL threads..

YHEA!!!!

would it be posible to sort the Guests?? I used the "show thread" with the "ascending/decending...etc" tools, but how can you go to a specific guest forum...le say Alphajerk's month!?
I know...it will be another couple of years....just kidding!! heh
πŸ“ Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
πŸ–¨οΈ Show Printable Version
βœ‰οΈ Email this Page
πŸ” Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
πŸŽ™οΈ View mentioned gear