The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
which guitar sound do you think sounds better with this song? (sample)
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

which guitar sound do you think sounds better with this song? (sample)

Clip for gearslutz 81 - Putfile.com

from 0 - 15 seconds I used my seymour duncan hot rail pickup on my strat...from 16-30 I used my strat pick-up at the neck...it's not in time I know and this guitar isn't EQed at all and the bass isn't in there yet so I know you won't be able to make a true decision...and it's all subjective but I just want to know which one you think sounds better for this kinda groove...heh
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

WOW...i apologize I really have no idea how this got posted 3 times...I didn't mean that...I wish I could delete 2 of them...please don't report mesorry
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

but if you couuuld please listen to the sample and let me know which guitar you think sounds better
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

both sound fine. use the dirty one for the loud parts and use the clean one for more dynamic sections..... and yeah, you might wanna edit that sucker or better yet re-track it hehe.
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

yeah I'm retracking the guitar and recording another guitar and panning them probably about 80% right and left...how do you suggest I change the sound though? I normally use Waves Renaissance EQ and sometimes Amplitube 2 on guitar because i really like the "ambiance" feature...i have a ton of waves plug-ins and some other good stuff...how do you suggest I change this guitar sound?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search