The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Instrument Mix w/ Stems...advice...
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

Instrument Mix w/ Stems...advice...

Well here's something I'm working on...A rockish sort of vibe...Trying to get some help on getting it tighter...Trying to get some good sounds together before vocals are laid down...

any and all HELPFUL advice would be great...

here's the various stems -

files are 24bit/44.1 wav...bout 5mb each

Drums
Guitars
Bass
My mix of the 3

I think that my biggest problem is getting the bass right...I've been sitting and dicking around with it...trying this and that...and it's still not where I want it...You guys might, of course, find something else to be a bigger problem..

Anyways, any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated...how to better eq this or that or something...

Thanks...and be gentle! First time I've put anything out here...
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

I'll add that this isn't the room I'm going to be mixing in...I'll be in a properly treated space...I'm just trying to get things as close as possible before then...
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

hm no one?
Old 4th January 2008
Lives for gear

up and up
Old 7th January 2008
Lives for gear

that bad???
Old 7th January 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by orksnork View Post
any and all HELPFUL advice would be great...

I think that my biggest problem is getting the bass right...I've been sitting and dicking around with it...trying this and that...and it's still not where I want it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by orksnork View Post
I'll add that this isn't the room I'm going to be mixing in...

my helpful advice would be to stop mixing, stop 'sitting and dicking with it', until you're in the right room, all tracks are laid, and it's time to mix.

either that, or square your perspective with reality and admit that the room you're in *is* the room you're going to be mixing in, or at least doing a lot of the mixing in... because that's what's actually happening. being out of step with reality is a tough way to go!

if you want actual mix advice, i'd say you'd need an actual mix of an actual song before that'd be any good to anyone, which is maybe why no one else has chimed in? context is everything, and this clip has no context.

things are sounding good, though, if that's worth anything. just relax, when the time comes you're gonna kick ass!

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 7th January 2008
it is what it is... there's not a lot to say about it... samples are pretty short.. sounds are pretty generic.. no words.. reminds me of a snip used for a playstation menu screen.

kick drum is a lil too much bob clearmountain basketball kick.. but some ppl like that... me personally, i want more papery smack.

i'm not sure what you're expecting ppl to say. go forth and multiply.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search