The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Austin Pro Audio
Old 2nd January 2008
Gear Maniac

Austin Pro Audio

Where do you Austinites make your pro gear purchases? I have no shortage of haunts for guitar goodies, etc. but don't know of any good Recording shops. Am I missing something?
Old 2nd January 2008
Lives for gear

Ya have to order it. Now and then git mart will have a piece or 2.
Sort of locally would be Studio Tech Supply but they're at the lake. In the past I've ordered a lot of gear from Calistro Music. Not local but fair to deal with. Good luck.
Old 3rd January 2008
Gear Maniac

Thanks. It really surprises me with so many actual designers of quality gear in A-town that there is no outlet for it.

I guess this thread can go along with the "Austin Pizza SUCKS" thread from a few years ago :-)

and PS...when you said "at the lake" I thought you meant Travis...damn.
Old 3rd January 2008
Lives for gear

It's only been the last few years that designers have showed up in Austin. Mr Neve started his thing and there has been many more since. A few years ago I think FMR was the only guy building gear out of Austin. Things have changed but the stores really haven't with the exception of the 2 git marts.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search