The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
You Guys Think I Need a Big Ben
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

You Guys Think I Need a Big Ben

Apogee Rosetta 800, used for both Logic/Symphony and via ADAT into a Digidesign 003 Rack, and a Presonus Digimax 96 that will go ADAT Out to Rosetta ADAT In and then routed to either Logic via the Rosetta and Symphony or to the 003 Rack via ADAT.

I don't have it all wired up just yet, waiting on a few things. Will everything work fine if all three pieces clock of the Rosetta 800? Or will I benefit tremendously by adding a Big Ben to the setup.
Old 27th December 2007
I would think you would be fine to clock off of the 800. My guess is that the clock in the 800 is identical to the big ben. You could check with Apogee as well.
Old 27th December 2007
Here for the gear

The Rosetta clock is not the same as the Big Ben, the AD16x and DA16x use the same clock as the Rosetta.

I would think that running all the ADAT in/outs as specified should be fine. I think my Rosetta sounds better with the BB, but it was still good with out it.
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Buy a mic.
Old 27th December 2007
Max
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by engmix View Post
I would think you would be fine to clock off of the 800. My guess is that the clock in the 800 is identical to the big ben. You could check with Apogee as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Crooks View Post
...the AD16x and DA16x use the same clock as the Rosetta.
Both of these statements are incorrect The C777 clock used in Big Ben is the same clock used in the AD-16X and DA-16X. It is different than the Rosetta 800, which uses Apogee's Intelliclock.

Barry, using Big Ben to clock multiple devices is a good idea, although clocking with the Rosetta will work fine as long as you don't add too many more devices.

I would also consider using the Digimax analog outs into the Rosetta, in leu of the Digimax converters.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search