The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Problem with eBay - audiovideogiant / Mackie MCU Pro
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Problem with eBay - audiovideogiant / Mackie MCU Pro

I bought a MCU Pro from them, got a few days ago, 1 fader doesn't pass fader test, and another buzzes constantly and doesn’t now work properly. I get the feeling they sell refurbished units, even though advertised as an authorized dealer and factory new. Could be I just got a defective unit. My issues, I've left 3 emails and no response, they do not have a phone number to contact them. When I bought the unit, they told me it shipped the next day. Several days later I still had no tracking number. Took several emails to get a response and then finally a tracking number. They did not ship it when they said they did originally.

My choices are to pay for shipping back to them, plus insurance, and they will ship me a new one. This could take several weeks to get all this done.

Or I called Mackie today, and they said they will ship me 2 faders and I could replace them myself. I'll probably go this route. It's always risky going eBay; I guess it was my turn since every other experience has been great for me. The frustrating part of the whole thing has been their slow response to any emails.

On a positive note, I also bought a MCU Pro Extender from road-dog-on-line at eBay and that was so smooth. Automated tracking number, over communication. +++
Old 27th December 2007
Gear Addict
I bought a couple things from road dog a few weeks ago. I ordered the stuff on the phone talking to a real live dude. a shure mic (authorized dealer, I think), jbl powered speaker. smooth transaction. I like the mic and the jbl. I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryjohns View Post
I bought a MCU Pro from them, got a few days ago, 1 fader doesn't pass fader test, and another buzzes constantly and doesn’t now work properly. I get the feeling they sell refurbished units, even though advertised as an authorized dealer and factory new. Could be I just got a defective unit. My issues, I've left 3 emails and no response, they do not have a phone number to contact them. When I bought the unit, they told me it shipped the next day. Several days later I still had no tracking number. Took several emails to get a response and then finally a tracking number. They did not ship it when they said they did originally.

My choices are to pay for shipping back to them, plus insurance, and they will ship me a new one. This could take several weeks to get all this done.

Or I called Mackie today, and they said they will ship me 2 faders and I could replace them myself. I'll probably go this route. It's always risky going eBay; I guess it was my turn since every other experience has been great for me. The frustrating part of the whole thing has been their slow response to any emails.

On a positive note, I also bought a MCU Pro Extender from road-dog-on-line at eBay and that was so smooth. Automated tracking number, over communication. +++
I've ordered an MCU pro as well from a different compay, and am still waiting on its arrival.. Haven't been able to get in contact with these people as well!! Sh*T!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search