The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question for "alt rock" vibe mixers
Old 27th December 2007
Question for "alt rock" vibe mixers

just got my first gig where i can make the mix more than that .. like an extra instrument

took a mono loop and radio'd it..to a lead vox that i cut all tunes thru a LDC and a 58 and telephoned the 58 and slid some LDC in for edge on on this one

put some analog emulation repeats with wow and flutter and tape feedback top end loop decay

dealing with live vln and cello

working on the "fit" just going for feel right now..i'm onna limb but i like the big star live crappy feel, flaming lips eq sound placement..etc

does it take2 to see it thru?..like what i am doing but using very bandwith limited ..deep spaciality stuff.. i feel like i need a keel as well as a rudder..it is so taste driven i feel as if i need an objective view as there is no comparative source material to reference..what do ya do?

other than being gifted/experienced whatever in the genre what's yer take on bringing it home
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Yes. Maybe. Sure, why not.

Just make sure you crystalize the sugar.
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Take it easy. Post a sample if you can and then explain what you want and where you feel you are lacking. Either way, Good Luck!
Old 27th December 2007
Quite clear. No doubt. Somehow.
Old 27th December 2007
Gear Maniac

Mike, you have enough experience and chops to see it through. No problem.

I'd find out where the piece MIGHT be sequenced with all of the other tunes and then see how far I could bend/(break?) the branch.

Ron Allaire, Skyline

P.S. Is Art Stoppe still in the bizz?
Old 27th December 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
i feel like i need a keel as well as a rudder..it is so taste driven i feel as if i need an objective view as there is no comparative source material to reference..what do ya do?

play it for someone you trust, ask what they think. watch their body as they listen, it'll tell you everything you need to know.

me, i make the bass drive everything. when the bass is in control, everyone surrenders.

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 27th December 2007
Lives for gear

Go for it Mike. Anytime I turn on the radio these days all I hear are gimmicky mixes. I realize that the telephone vocal type stuff sounds a little cliche to us, but the average listener just thinks it sounds cool.
Old 27th December 2007
As long as it sounds like Nirvana in the end.
Old 27th December 2007
it's just that there is no right...it's not like hard rock, r&b jazz etc

i made it very crappy middy on purpose and it sounds good at every level but loud..it is a ballad though..just don't know how far is too far..and most clients don't have a clue

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search