The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Rates for Production and writing a Radio Advert?
Old 19th December 2007
Gear Nut

Rates for Production and writing a Radio Advert?

Hi All,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with some advise, or point me in the direction of a website that i might be able to get help from.

I have been asked to price a job, putting together a 30sec Radio advert.
Its for a Local London Radio station, with hopefully a run of maybe two or three AD's to follow, based on same subject. We will hire a VO artist, and the VO will be delivered to me as a WAV. So whats needed from me, is to write sound design and maybe music, if it fits the script, and produce the final product.
So what i really need to know, is how much is an average rate for say, use of small studio per hour, including my engineering work, plus sound design, and maybe a small amount of music.

I have done a few jobs for TV ad's before, but the breif and price has always already been decided but ad agency.

This is slightly different, because its a freind who is a self employed creative director, and he has asked me to give him a price. He obviously wont pay directly, the cost will be passed onto his client. I dont think the budget is massive. And i am also trying to build a good showreel. But business is business i guess and my freind has come to me on a professional level.

If music is needed, then i will also push for PRS etc.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

thanks
Old 19th December 2007
Led
Lives for gear

It varies depending on a lot of things, the person, the facility etc. The building my mix room is in has 3 post production studios. Their base rate is between $200 and $300 an hour. These are top line room with engineers who have walls full of advertising/post awards. The radio rate is towards the bottom of the scale compared to TV or Film. Best thing to do is ask your friend how much the station is willing to pay and decide if it's something you want to do for that money. They will have a price in mind and if you are over that they will simply go somewhere else, or do it in house. So it's up to you to decide if it's worth the mnoey in relation to future work, making contacts etc.
Good Luck.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search