The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Renting Gear and recommendations?
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Renting Gear and recommendations?

Hey!

I'm looking to record a show with unfortunately some marginal gear. I currently have a RME Fireface 800 and a Presonus Firestudio and I am looking for probably another firewire interface like a Presonus that has at least 8 pre's. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to go? I did a Google but seems there is more crap than actual places that rent gear.

So I thought I would check with you overly knowledgeable people.
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

what is you location?
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Usually your local music megastore will rent whatever you need. If not, look for a backline outfit. If that doesn't work, ask on Craigslist. someone usually will offer to rent their gear.

It would help if you stated your locale. People might be able to give specific suggestions.

If you are looking for recommendations on gear to rent, you will get every piece of gear under the sun recommended here, ranging from Behringer to Lavry. It's almost pointless asking. Basically, the more it costs, the better it is, with a few exceptions. They all work. Pick one that fits your budget and will do justice to your quality target. I don't rent Apogee when all I need is Presonus. Heresy, I know.

Use the bet piece for your most important tracks and work down from there.

What you have isn't marginal; it's adequate. The Fireface is a good piece of gear. The Presonus work well too.
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Sure my local is Fort Wayne Indiana - however the show is in Royal Oak Michigan Dec. 22nd...going to record my cousins band Rhythm Corps. Excellent band, their doing a reunion show. They were signed to CBS records but same ol' story the label didn't put much money behind them blah, blah, blah.

It would be ideal to rent something local in Michigan to avoid the hassle of shipping and the extra cost. So if any in that area that would be great.

Thanks for the help.
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Does Guitar Center rent gear?
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

Royal Oak is in the Detroit area. Call the fine folks at Vintage King!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search