The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
192 Digital I/O Question
Old 8th December 2007
Lives for gear

192 Digital I/O Question

I currently run PT Mix3 and am planning on adding an HD rig in the new year. I work OTB so it will be HD1 to start with and then I'll see if I want more cards.
I want to get the SSL converters to be able to use them with both rigs.

Now- the 192 Digital it seems can do 32 channels of ADAT at 24/48- via the 16 on board and then 16 through an ADAT bridge (I have 2 of these anyway) on the Legacy port.

It seems the 192 D can also do 24 ADAT I/O via the 16 standard ADAT and then 8 on the 'additional' port which is selectable between s/pdif and ADAT.

My question is this... can I run 24 ADAT and also hook up an 888/24 to keep 32 analogue outs without using the ADAT Bridge but just buying 1 Digi 192D?

I'm not really into the idea of the SSL Digi Madi box- apart from anything else it is more expensive and means I have to get the more expensive converter box.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search