The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitors vs. Monitors
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Addict

Monitors vs. Monitors

I have a chance to upgrade my monitors for virtually no cost. I currently have the Mackie HR824's and I was given the opportunity to upgrade them to Mackie HR824 MKII's, what should I do? What would you do? Who can honestly compare the two...

Thanks,
Sean
Old 7th December 2007
Lives for gear

I would go with Adam A7's....
Old 7th December 2007
Lives for gear

I had the Adam A7 for a while until I got my Focal surround system. No contest. Hell... you can even Master on a pair of Focal Solo6 Be speakers. Just think... from start to finish on the same speakers. Can't get any bettter than that!thumbsup
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Addict

I understand that the adam a7's would be great, but I don't have that option, i was asking to address the mackie vs. new mackies option. Thanks for the input though
Old 7th December 2007
if you have old made in USA HR824s then DON'T GET RID OF THEM!!!

thank you. this has been a public service announcement.

but serioiusly I had old usa HR824s and they were nice. i blew out one woofer, which I replaced with a new late mkI/mII woofer and it sounded slightly worse. The A7s are more detailed and ultimately more useful, but not as nice sounding and not as much bass without the woofer. The A7s are 1700 with the woofer. So the full sound of the USA HR824s is less than half price - they're not really in the same league, especially if you need the bass
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Addict

I have nothing concrete to offer, other than i have been searching high and low for reviews of the 824mkiis , and have come up empty, (other than the Mack-bashers who love to jump in Frankly it concerns me a little that there was a supply shortage until recently, and no major reviews at all. A local distributer didn't have a demo pair.

But who knows, maybe by next month it will be the latest-geatest
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Nut

Find out what makes them different first.

see if you can find some schematics, frequency response charts, equal loudness contours.. ect.

do they have the same amplifiers in them?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search