The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
My new Audient Console :-)
Old 7th December 2007
Here for the gear

longwave - nice desk.

Whereabouts in UK are you based?

How on earth are you sucessfull at 22, Im 23 and struggling hard!! haha
Old 7th December 2007
lookin good..

Is this in Northampton?
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Addict

im in wales !
Old 7th December 2007
Lives for gear

wow wales...
my mum n dad before i lost my dad lived in pontedawe.
Old 7th December 2007
Gear Maniac

LongWave,

congrats on your new board !

I have been working on one for the past 2 years and I really like it a lot.

If it's allright with you, I'm going to semi-hijack this thread (it's for a good cause)

<hijack>
I'm trying to get together an informal east coast (US) Audient users group. It's primary purpose would be to collectively buy some spare parts so that if something goes down we could be up and running in a short period of time. Kinda of an open-source support department. please email me if you are interested.

joel A&^#7 godelstring.com

</hijack>

back to fan time. It's a very well thought out board which sounds fantastic. It's great if you work on a wide variety of styles. It's not a very colored sounding board IMHO but it's got TONS of headroom. It took me a while to find the "sweet spot" but with a little experimentation with gain-staging and the compressor you can really make a mix sing.

joel
Old 10th December 2007
Gear Addict

cheers man!
Old 14th January 2008
Gear Nut

I have to agree with Peeder, where the fvck can you find pricing info on these consoles?????
Old 14th January 2008
Lives for gear

I had one for three years...they're really fantastic desks. I loved it. The pre's and eq are smooth and hifi and the mix bus has tonnes of headroom.

I had to sell it because I needed to be mobile and I didn't have the funds to do both systems at once.

It's a great bit of kit and you'll get some superb results I'm sure.

J
Old 14th January 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmplitudeAudio View Post
I have to agree with Peeder, where the fvck can you find pricing info on these consoles?????
You can find pricing by contacting your local Audient distributor. See our lists :

Audient - Distributors

and for US dealers:

Audient - US Dealers

Pricing for this kind of product isn't easy to publish. The ASP8024 has quite a lot of options, and our distributors set their own prices.

If you have any problems contacting your distributor, drop us a line and we'll try our best to sort you out with the information you need.

All the best,
Old 15th January 2008
Gear Nut

Thanks Steve, I'll contact one of the distributors.

Charlie
Old 27th August 2008
BDL
Gear Head

I have had my Audient ASP8024 for one year now

I don't know if this post will be read, but I have had my Audient ASP8024-24 channel console desk now for one year. It sounds great and I haven't had any problems at all.

I had a dust cover made immediately when I received the desk last August 2007, so that when I am not using the desk it is covered, as all my studio equipment.

I have a day job, so my music studio is a home "project" studio, where I work several evenings a week when time allows. I will have the Audient console in operation for 4-10-hour sessions.

One thing I did was to place my studio on a dedicated sub panel where each kind of equipment is plugged: I have 3 15-amp and 1-20 amp circuit on this panel. Hence, the Audient desk has its own 20-amp circuit -- and I plug the Audient into a Furman 20 amp line conditioner that is plugged into a 20-amp Furman voltage regulator. I was told this would help protect and ensure the Audient electrical power. I have isolated the Audient power supply in a nearby utility closet and place a small fan in the closet to pull air out. I am lucky I can not hear the fan or Audient power supply and low Furman box’s hum.

I currently plug 3 K2600 Kurzweil synths into the Audient console, which gives me 24 channels or 12 stereo channels of audio. I also have 3 other older syth modules (Roland, Yamaha, and Proteus) plugged into the Audient as well. I plan to add/upgrade with a new Mac Pro and pluggins in the future to add 16 more channels of synth audio.

During my first year with this Audient console, I have been learning to record at a higher level than I ever have along with learning my new outboard gear: I have all 4 main Auxes with reverb units and a DBX equalizer.

The Audient Asp 8024, for me, is a great console that has a great noise/signal ration (I have run 30 channels at full throttle) in mixes thru an Apogee 200 Rosetta into an M-audio Delta 192 card on a Sweetwater Creation Station computer with Waves “Z-noise” and there is hardly any noise (hum or hiss) that I have to reduce. If there is, I have to crank the volume up 100% to really hear any unwanted noise.

Before I bought the Audient I had a Tascam M-3500 for 15 years. I gave it to a friend of mine, who also is doing home recording with his son’s rock band. The Tascam was noisy, develop scratchy pots, phantom power went out on 4 channels, effects returns quit working, one channel strip went out the first year I had the console… However, this Tascam console was tank! Literally build to last a war -- solid everything. Yet, the sound from it was about the same.

I paid $6,000.00 for it brand new; it was a good console, but my new Audient ASP8024 is a huge step up for performance, sound quality, construction etc.

You can hear pros and cons on all consoles, probably even the expensive ones such as SSL and Neve etc. I have read as many forums and reviews as the internet has one most consoles.

So, one year later, I am happy to have purchased the Audient console. For the kind of music I am doing and all of the fancy gear I am plugging into this new Audient console, it is yielding a quality sound. There is only one person using the console (me), so the wear and tear of multiple engineers won’t be an issue. But, with all the hype about Summing boxes now and DAW mixing, I prefer using the analogue console to get away from computer screens and glare.

The magic is sitting in front of a good audio console with just speakers and gazing into the sound.

My new Audient console ( and I live in the Midwest of America) will probably be my last console, unless of course, I make millions with one of my compositions -- a Hans Zimmer if you will.

Thanks Audient! I have no issue now submitting my music to the pros out West in the film industry, the one on the SSL9000 consoles. My Audient mixes will be plenty fine for these people to take a listen.
Old 27th August 2008
Lives for gear

Me too!

Or I should say US too.... We got this little 12ch version through Vintage King last Spring. It is finally being setup in our studio. Patchbays are being wired up this week by Glenn Brown and his buddy Colin. I'm looking forward to a new learning curve on mixing OTB...just gotta get the school to put up some money for some nice outboard compressors.
Old 27th August 2008
BDL
Gear Head

Great pic of your Audient bannerj!

I will upload a pic of my Audient 8024 soon; I'll have to take the picture. As my first posting stated, I am a keyboard player using midi and 2-track dig. mixdown. I run multiple synths thru the Audient ASP 8024 that provides a beautiful summing to stereo.

The audio signals are clean and quiet, and I am learning to truly mix at a higher level since the Audient will reveal the flaws in all of the equipment and music performances.
Old 27th August 2008
BDL
Gear Head

How do I post my pic?

Anyone know how to upload my pic of my Audient conosle?
Old 28th August 2008
Lives for gear

There might be something wrong with the attachment feature in the forum. I tried to upload my pic and failed twice. So, I just posted the pic on my facebook page and then copied in the picture's url with the insert image button.
Old 6th December 2008
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongWave View Post
Hey guys,

just sharing some pics of my new Audient ASP console that i have recently bought.

I was going to go for the Toft ATB, but i decided to blow some cash and buy the audient, and f*ck me....its an AMAZING desk !

anyway, just sharing my happiness ! check these consoles out, the pre's are absolutely fantastic!
Hi,
Do you still own this console?
I have one in site for 14000 pond. A ASP8024/24 with patchbay
PS I saw you are working with an alpha link to?
Can you connect the audient (D-sub) direct to the D-sub connections of the alphalink?
Hope to hear from you.
Grtz G
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear

How did you manage to get such a nice studio at 22?

I'm impressed, I'm 23, work full time as a post-production assistant, don't have a new car, still at my dad's place and it took me forever just to get about 1/10 of what you have in there.

I'm pissed lol
Old 6th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matskull View Post
How did you manage to get such a nice studio at 22?

I'm impressed, I'm 23, work full time as a post-production assistant, don't have a new car, still at my dad's place and it took me forever just to get about 1/10 of what you have in there.

I'm pissed lol
to go green with envy is not a good thing.
maybe he is just a great engineer maybe his dad is a CEO maybe he won in the lottery.....

but you know....this is not you business.
Old 24th July 2011
Here for the gear

Audient Protools Control

Does the Audient serve as a HUI control for Protools, or are you using it as an I/O and mixing ProTools as analog tracks? I'm interested in getting a good control surface that can control my ProTools plus have some analog features.

Thanks,

Josh
Old 24th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboynoise View Post
Does the Audient serve as a HUI control for Protools, or are you using it as an I/O and mixing ProTools as analog tracks? I'm interested in getting a good control surface that can control my ProTools plus have some analog features.

Thanks,

Josh
The Dual-Layer Control module is a DAW controller.

ASP8024 Dual Layer Control Module | Audient

-Ben B
Old 23rd January 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwr View Post

the only thing that this desk falls down on is headphone mixes. You cant do a seperate stereo headphone mix. i really hate mono headphone feeds. so you have to do a little work around and use the two headphone outs on the desk to feed each side of the stereo signal. its a bit of a pain but it works.
I dont get it. Rather surprised by this.
Those boards have 14 auxes, two of which are directly tied to 2 stereo foldbacks on the center section. IMO the best phones architecture I have seen (on paper mind you, I dont own one)
Not being critical, but seems you could rather easily outfit cans for a rather large gathering.

Just to let you know, i am considering buying one these shortly, so please say more about the issue. Maybe I am missing something important.
Old 23rd January 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleJohn View Post
I dont get it. Rather surprised by this.
Those boards have 14 auxes, two of which are directly tied to 2 stereo foldbacks on the center section. IMO the best phones architecture I have seen (on paper mind you, I dont own one)
Not being critical, but seems you could rather easily outfit cans for a rather large gathering.

Just to let you know, i am considering buying one these shortly, so please say more about the issue. Maybe I am missing something important.
yeah we use two stereo mixes out of foldback a & b.

The board is so flexible in terms of routing that it can take a while to get the gist of it. We just had our small 12 channel version rewired up to the patchbay to simplify things, but I know its going to take a few days to get the flow down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search