The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
I don't need any freakin' 2" Tape, I've got this...
Old 24th November 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiggy Neve Slut
RE: Quad 8

try here for some info..

www.quadeight.net
PEACE
Wiggy

yuktyy
G'day Wiggy.
Thanks for that. I'd already visited the Quad8 site but there isn't a whole lot of info there yet.
Knox, did you get the compressor wired up?
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally posted by Knox
just playing around with a new camera . . . haven't figured it out yet.
Great Mr. Knox, I see you have good taste concerning both your gear and your car, I have a BMW myself.

Have you compared the tubtech pultec to the summit pultec????
Wich one wins????

I am thinkin of buying 2*AMEK CIB and one AMEK DMCL, has anybody compared(A/B) the mic preamps of these two units???

Except for the instrument feature is the micpre identical???

I just had the DMCL for testing and the compressor with it's filters S/C is the ****!!! 25 dB gain reduction sounds great on drums.

So is the compressor section identical between the CIB and the DMCL????

I had the CIB over for testing a year ago but did'nt find happening, I later found out that the unit was broken, not functioning and kaputt. So that test can not be counted then.

Are you happy with the 9098 EQ???

And finally I am really glad that you have so much wonderful gear
Old 24th November 2002
Lives for gear

To answer . . the Quad 8 stuff is great! . . pick up an eq or pre . . . . you will enjoy them. Especially for rock and roll. Boards are cool too! They DO need maintenence from time to time. The compressor you see WAS wired up . . it isn't now (long story) Used to use it on kick or bass.

Jules, The racks are vented well so the Tube Techs are ok . . it is the Hedd unit on top of the Tube Techs where I make my omelets. . . . . . .

No, it's vented as well

"2 " tape Sucks" . . . don't you have ENOUGH **** yet? Sheeeeesh! *smile*
and don't call me "Mr." Knox (geeez). MR. Knox is my 87 year old dad and he would think you are NUTZ for spending all your money on all that "crazy crap you guys buy!".

I believe I answered somewhere else regarding the Tube Tech and Summit eqs . . .you have probably read that by now . . being the Gear JUNKIE you are! I REALLY like all the Tube Tech gear I have . . compressors are fabulous as are the eqs! I have had all the Tube Tech stuff for probably 15 years. At first the mic pre didn't kill me, but I have come to really like it for certain things.

The 9098 . . . . . I got to tell you. That is a strange piece of gear. Mic pre is good . . . . not great for everything (what is?). The eq is really good for sculpturing certain sounds. It seems "pointy" but smooth. (sorry to use these kind of explanations but I think you will understand what I mean). I do like it at times and find it "not happening" on certain things. 9098 board is an incredible thing though!
Old 24th November 2002
Lives for gear

The 9098's mic pre is schweet, but the eqs (while clean as a mofo) were way too suttle for me. I like to notch a lot, SSL style. If you like the neve stuff with fat assed bell curves, I think you'll like it. I tried it with a pair of Royer ribbons.....*makes fart sound effect with hands on mouth* Worth it for the pre IMO.
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Addict

Speaking of 'Green'.
Attached Thumbnails
I don't need any freakin' 2" Tape, I've got this...-racks.jpg  
Old 25th November 2002
Lives for gear

GEEZ! You people are gear addicts! Good thing I'm not!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search