The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
leopard + logic 8 + 003= NFG DAW Software
Old 25th November 2007
Gear Addict

leopard + logic 8 + 003= NFG

Logic crashes every time I try to start it up in leopard with my 003.. anyone have any similar problems or ideas about how to fix it? I wish I didn't upgrade to leopard. I kind of despise it. It's messed up my computers for sure.

Mainstage also tells me the graphics card in my G5 isn't good enough... since when do audio programs get to bitch me out about graphics cards? Oh where is apple going... I don't know if I like it.
Old 25th November 2007
Lives for gear

afaik, digi hasn't qualified 003 with leopard. Not even 10.4.11 yet. So sorry, you might have to reinstall tiger.
Old 25th November 2007
Gear Addict

003 worked fine with leopard and pro tools 7.4 .. god though leopard is a huge disaster. It's totally messed up the wifi on my powerbook.
Old 25th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Tobias View Post
Logic crashes every time I try to start it up in leopard with my 003.. anyone have any similar problems or ideas about how to fix it? I wish I didn't upgrade to leopard. I kind of despise it. It's messed up my computers for sure.

Mainstage also tells me the graphics card in my G5 isn't good enough... since when do audio programs get to bitch me out about graphics cards? Oh where is apple going... I don't know if I like it.
You might need to remove some ReWire components. That's what fixed Logic 8 not loading for me. I can't remember exactly what they are but search around. Logic works fine for me now.
Old 25th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey MTC View Post
You might need to remove some ReWire components. That's what fixed Logic 8 not loading for me. I can't remember exactly what they are but search around. Logic works fine for me now.
Yeah I had to remove a rewire component to make protools work.. good idea to try it with logic.. I'll have to try that next time I'm back in Boston on my rig. Gotta love living in Washington (state) and working in Massachusetts...
Old 25th November 2007
Gear Maniac

thats a strange fix but hey.... at least it worked!
Old 25th November 2007
Lives for gear

Why does everyone insist on upgrading as soon as the new version comes out? Just in case anyone's still confused about this, you should always wait a few months and let them get all the bugs out.
Old 25th November 2007
Lives for gear

Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
Why does everyone insist on upgrading as soon as the new version comes out? Just in case anyone's still confused about this, you should always wait a few months and let them get all the bugs out.
The 3 rules of computer music production:

1. If your files are not backed up, they might as well not exist!

2. Don't upgrade anything (especially the OS) unless you want to take a long vacation from making music and spend hundreds of dollars getting everything to work again. (Don't keep your computer hooked up to the internet or this decision may be made for you!)

3. Whatever amount of HD space, RAM, Inputs and Outputs, Processing power, you think you need, double it and you should be OK.
Old 25th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
Normally I do wait months before ever changing, it just happened to line up with when I needed to replace the harddrives in my computers and I (foolishly) decided hey why not.
Old 26th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Normally I do wait months before ever changing, it just happened to line up with when I needed to replace the harddrives in my computers and I (foolishly) decided hey why not.
Rule 4: Never, Ever, EVER decide "hey, why not?" heh

Laser
Old 26th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
003 worked fine with leopard and pro tools 7.4 .. god though leopard is a huge disaster. It's totally messed up the wifi on my powerbook.
hmm, thats funny... fixed the wifi on my macbook pro.

love Leopard. don't even have 1 problem with it. works perfect for me.
Old 26th November 2007
R3k
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
Rule 4: Never, Ever, EVER decide "hey, why not?" heh

Laser

Rule 5: If you positively, just cant help yourself, and have to do it with no vacation planned, then make sure you have a 2nd test system, and do the upgrade on it 1st, before derailing your bread winning daw.
Old 26th November 2007
Gear Guru

I have 2 internal HD's on my computer. I always keep the most stable one that has the older OS / Applications intact while upgrading the other. That way all I have to do it switch boot drives and go back to work if there's a problem. Good luck sorting out your Logic problem. Sorry I can't add anything helpful there for you.

bp
Old 26th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
I have 2 internal HD's on my computer. I always keep the most stable one that has the older OS / Applications intact while upgrading the other. That way all I have to do it switch boot drives and go back to work if there's a problem. Good luck sorting out your Logic problem. Sorry I can't add anything helpful there for you.

bp
Yeah that's what I did, pro tools 7.4, logic 8 and leopard are all on the new drive and my old drive is intact. Once it's all working smooth I'll put the session drive back in and put the old drive in an enclosure.
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yeah I had to remove a rewire component to make protools work.. good idea to try it with logic.. I'll have to try that next time I'm back in Boston on my rig. Gotta love living in Washington (state) and working in Massachusetts...
Did you have any luck with this?? I'd be interested in knowing if Logic will work through Digi gear on 10.5 too.

Thanks.
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Did you have any luck with this?? I'd be interested in knowing if Logic will work through Digi gear on 10.5 too.

Thanks.
Unfortunately I haven't been able to work on it... At this current time I live in Washington (state) and work in Massachusetts... (getting another degree) so right now I'm in washington and all my gear is back in boston...

one thing that one of my peers brought to my attention is this:

DUC: Logic 8 Users | Just found This :-(

check that out.. pretty scary.
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Addict

Thanks.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search