The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Alesis X2 Schematics needed ASAP!
Old 24th November 2007
Gear Nut

Alesis X2 Schematics needed ASAP!

Hey guys.
One of my buss modules fried and my service manual doesn't have the scehmatics section...Can anyone help?
I'm shut down until I can figure this one out...
Thanks, Lior.
Old 26th November 2007
Gear Nut

Bumpy.
Help!
Old 26th November 2007
Lives for gear

afraid alesis is not known for shareing their schemos... had to work on one of those back aways and was flying blind as you are... good news though... you may not need it since its only one module... the key is to compare it to the modules next to it... find whats changed and fix it...
Old 27th November 2007
Lives for gear

From what I remember about the X2 when I was in charge of them at Alesis was they were prone to pwr supply issues. It's been 12yrs so I don't remember particulars but there's probably some zener diodes on the group that are fried. From there track forward. Are there any scorch marks? Burnt components? Doubt it's a deal breaker, any qualified tech could fix it.
Old 3rd January 2008
Gear Addict

They had current limiting resistors that burned open when something was shorted. Look for those on the bottom edge of the PCB. those were 10 ohm. It means that something is shorted on the board if those are burned.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search