The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone go to Guitar Centers 20% off sale today? Dynamic Microphones
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone go to Guitar Centers 20% off sale today?

As much as people hate GC here, you can't beat the deals. Now I normally don't go shopping after Thanksgiving, but they sent me a post card with a 20% off of any one item. I wasn't going to go but since I was up before my girlfriend I figured I would check out the sale. I mostly get the audio stuff from Vintage King, so I went looking for a mandolin. I got there and almost turned back with all the people in the store. There was no way I was going to fight through that crowd. I decided to check out a mandolin anyway, and it wasn't even set up right, not tuned, and one some they hadn't even installed the bridge. I started walking out when I ended up seeing a Vox Heritage LTD handwired amp on sale from $1999 to $1699. And with the 20% off I ended up waiting in the long line and got it for $1350. Since no one took my post card I decided to drop the amp off in my car and go back. I then got my hands on a SM7B for $290.

So yeah, it was worth fighting all the little kids and their parents watching them get their first guitars. Hey, atleast it wasn't guitar hero.
Old 23rd November 2007
Gear Maniac

I wanted to pick up a Distressor but they said sorry special order only. I really hate them!!!
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

My friend went (had to be there like before 10 or something) and he said they were just to packed adn busy to get any help, and didn't want to look for the item he wanted. I guess its good that they were busy though. Me, eh, It would take alot to get me out of bed that early
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

No Distressors? That doesn't suprise me. I did see the non brit mod one a few months ago. Did you go to the one on 48th Street, or the one on 14th in Manhattan?
Old 23rd November 2007
Gear Head

Eh. I usually get stuff for much cheaper than 20%. I think ill pass on the kids with sticky fingers and confused parents.
Old 23rd November 2007
Gear Maniac

When I was at GC, back in 1997, this is how it worked on the day after Thanksgiving or the 4th of july (the big BLOW OUT sales)...
These sales often sell certain pieces well below cost and well below the employee discount. Since employees weren't supposed to purchase these sale items BEFORE the customers got their chance to buy, sales people would take the best items with the deepest discounts and hide them in the warehouse until the end of the day. Then they'd pull 'em out before the store closed at night and ring them up for themselves or friends.
Hey, you gotta have SOME motivation to show up at work and make minimum wage, right?
Old 23rd November 2007
Here for the gear

I'm in MD. I went Wednesday with my mailer in hand to see what they had in stock and if it would be worth it for me to go early today. They actually offered to do the 20% off that day, which was pretty cool of them. Unfortunately and oddly enough there were 3 things I was interested in getting, all were over $500 retail, and they didn't have any of the items! Odd huh? I didn't end up getting anything. Didn't want to buy something I really don't need just because it's 20% off...
Old 23rd November 2007
Lives for gear

I called to see if they had some accessories for a Shure wireless system that I needed to pick up. Special order only. They're losing more and more of my business to online retailers.
Old 23rd November 2007
Gear Nut

I waited in line for 30 minutes to talk to a "sales rep" who didn't know what a TLM49 was. Of course, it wasn't in stock.

Sweetwater beat GC's 20% off price.

george
Old 24th November 2007
Gear Guru

Huh?

20% off of what?
Old 27th November 2007
Gear Nut

Off GC's 20% discount price.

George

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search