The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RNP vs Grace 101 Mic Pre & Mic Upgrade. Any thoughts??
Old 19th November 2002
Gear Nut

RNP vs Grace 101 Mic Pre & Mic Upgrade. Any thoughts??

I have norrowed my search for my mic pre down to these two and I'm wondering how well they compare against each other?? Any thoughts from people who have heard both or either one?? Any features that one has over the other that really stand out?I'm looking to record vocals only and maybe a few acoustic guitar tracks. Nothing more than one at a time though so the extra input on the RNP is nice, but no big deal.

Also, I have an AT4033 that I'm using to record vocals with right now, however, I'm thinking about picking up a Neumann TLM-103. I'm wondering whether or not this is a significant upgrade or is it one of those "which ever you prefer choices cause they both sound good"??

Any thoughts would help me out GREATLY

THANKS
Old 19th November 2002
Lives for gear

Have you looked at any of the new Summit single channel pres? Also . . . I believe Great River is about to come out with a single channel version of their pre that everyone loves . . . just a couple of contrary thoughts. There are dealers that come by here, Mike Harris, Nathan and Fletcher that could tell you more. I can't help on your original question because I have not heard the two you are referring to personally. I hear from others that the Grace is extremely clean, no color . . . . if that is what you are looking for. The RNP is getting mixed reviews, from what I am reading on the web.
Old 19th November 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Knox
I believe Great River is about to come out with a single channel version of their pre that everyone loves
Yep, it's called the MP-1NV...it's been shipping for a little while now. It's identical to the MP-2NV, except only one channel instead of two. It's about 2x's the cost of the others you mentioned, but may be worth it depending on what one is looking for.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search