The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Urei 546 EQ
Old 17th November 2002
Urei 546 EQ

Where would you place the Urei 546 eq amongst the likes of the Avalon 2055 or the Massive Passive?
Or am I in a completely different neighborhood where Rane and Alesis live?

What is the going street price on one of these?
Old 17th November 2002
I think you are in a different neighbourhood.
There was quite a comprehensive discussion about the eq over on Pro.Rec a couple of months ago.
As far as I remember a few people loved em, a few people didn't love em and a few more thought they were ok for the money.
There was also chat about a guy who mods them into more of a 'high end' unit.
To sum up, the impression I got was give them a go if they aren't too expensive.
Old 17th November 2002
Gear Addict

http://www.audioupgrades.com/index.html

this is the place where u can get the upgrade. don't know how good the upgrade is. my 546 has been sitting in the corner of my room for quite some time now....i should fire it up and start using it again. it is an alright eq i would say....but i like my 8200 and massive passive better.
Old 18th November 2002
One with big hooves

I have a 546 on a short term loan. It's not in the same ballpark as an Avalon or Massive Passive. Not even close. It's better then an Alesis, different and a bit cooler/more useful then a Rane or Symetrix. You're in White/Orban land with the Urei. This isn't clean enough to use on the mix buss, so far I've been using it on guitars and the bass drum of the last mix. I'll probably try it on snare or something next. I've heard about people asking and paying stupid amounts of money for them. I wouldn't go any higher then $600 on one, this one is $500. If you want drop me a line and I'll hook you up with it's owner. [email protected]
Old 19th November 2002
Gear Addict

I got a 532 and 533 a while ago for a song and finally got around to fixing/wiring the 532 up. It has been pretty cool on some snare and guitar tracks. Wouldn't put it across a mix though, or spend a bunch of bucks to get another.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search