The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Roland v drums
Old 17th November 2002
Bernard 
Roland v drums

I've agreed to do an album project out of my home sudio and was wondering if the v drums might an option to an acoustic kit and having the family move out of the house for a month. I would like to seperate the tracks( I understand they have 8 outs) and have the option of replacing sounds (I've got some great Bob Clearmountian samples) . I'll have acess to 8 channels of mytek a/d into pro tools le. Is this a realistic option or am I dreaming in color?
Old 17th November 2002
Lives for gear

depends if you want it to sound like an acoustic kit or play like an acoustic kit...

why not just cut with the v drums, finish the band tracks, and then cut real drums at a studio? or just do drums over a weekend? will it really be a month of playing the kit?
Old 18th November 2002
Lives for gear

Yeah, the very good drummers that I know can usually cut an album in a couple of days. I'm usually the one that's slowing the process with all my mics experiments...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search