The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UK guys/gals going to digiworld ?
Old 15th November 2002
Gear Addict

UK guys/gals going to digiworld ?

Hey slutz..

..any of my UK based compadres going to Digiworld ? I've heard Elvis is going to be there..
Old 16th November 2002
Lives for gear

no! i'd rather watch paint dry
Old 16th November 2002
Gear Addict

Entropy..Ya miserable sod !

Anyway...I went and it was packed. Far too small of a venue for the turnout which made it pretty much impossible to check anything out too well. There were some really smelly buggers there, too - bathe my engineering brethren..bathe !

Anyway, the purpose of this trip was to see the PT 6 demo. Sadly, PT 6 managed to crash twice that I saw, although has some nice new beat detective features, the midi stuff has improved, and a few session management goodies. It's certainly not stable just yet..

$200 usd upgrade price so the man guesstimated..
Old 16th November 2002
Lives for gear

Renie and I went.

It was totally packed when we got there and we didn't get in to see the actual system demo which was a bit dissappointing. On the other hand, we were given a fantastic DUY demo on PT6, so we did get to see it working for that. It didnt crash. The DUY stuff was really good actually. The synth was excellent. In fact their entire range was impressive. Having said that, it's hard to tell on cans. Time to get the demos I think.

If anyone did actually get a decent look at PT6 please let us know.

Jack
Old 16th November 2002
Here for the gear

PT 6

I saw PT6 at the 4pm session - without crashes...
I think the points that are quite good are:
- professional multi-user (OSX)
- multi-threading
- the sound-file manager. Although it still leaves room for improvement, e.g. further categories or even custom categories for sound-files

etc. bits and pieces

Overall certainly useful. As long as it doesn't only work between 4 and 5 ... ;-)

Matthias
Old 16th November 2002
Friday I saw the last Post / AV show with High End moderator Chris Lambrects over from Belgium. And Saturday we returned to see the first PT6 MUSIC demo of the day..

Interesting! Looks good! Looking forward to it!

A step forward for sure, though it's hard to grasp how it took a whole team 18 months to do... (a point Digidesign liked to stress during the demo's) I guess I don't understand what has to go into programming! Hurry up and do all the other stuff we asked for Digi!

heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search