The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RSO Extreme Punch Tape Saturation
Old 31st October 2007
Lives for gear

RSO Extreme Punch Tape Saturation

Alright guys I don't know if you've ever run into this plugin or not but I've only played with it for a few minutes on the 2bus and man it was crazy. punch, seperation and space between instruments in the track, color. then I disabled the plug and the track sounded completely lifeless. I mean I seriously understand the sterile of digital now because this was an amazing difference and eye opener. I've used Voxengo, Magneto, Vintagewarmer, and a couple of others and none of them have given me this type of result. I've never used DUY DaD or Phoenix but I would love to and compare these with that plug. I have used Massey's demo and quite a bit and I love that plug though but i never put it on the 2bus. What makes it so perfect is that it is so simple to use. You have a drive, threshold, and output. that's it. the results you get from that are amazing, to me at least. I know this thing doesn't have a big name attached to it but goodness. i'm encouraging all of you to go out and try this thing. if you don't like it then so be it. the most of you are analog console guys anyway. but for the ITB guys, give it a go and see how you come out.thumbsup
Old 2nd November 2007
Lives for gear

i tried it at a friends studio.. its only $40, ima get it
Old 2nd November 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisha31 View Post
Alright guys I don't know if you've ever run into this plugin or not but I've only played with it for a few minutes on the 2bus and man it was crazy. punch, seperation and space between instruments in the track, color. then I disabled the plug and the track sounded completely lifeless. thumbsup

Thanks for the tip, I picked up a copy and have been using it remix some of my tunes with noticeably better results.thumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 2nd November 2007
Airwindows

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisha31 View Post
I've never used DUY DaD or Phoenix but I would love to and compare these with that plug.
If you'd like to put up a source clip and ask for examples of related plugins, I would be happy to take the time to give you examples from Airwindows Iron Oxide. I consider it to be very similar in character to DaD Tape, but warmer and less buzzy

That way you can hear it even if you're not an Audio Unit user.
Old 15th November 2007
Gear Head

Help if you can

What would be a good buy on an otari mx70 8 fh 1" 8 track tape machine. any input please, thanks

M
Old 15th November 2007
too bad they don't make au format

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search