The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
anyone use a 500 series chandler germanium? 500 Series Preamps
Old 25th October 2007
Gear Addict

anyone use a 500 series chandler germanium?

Considering buying one.... how is it?
Old 25th October 2007
Gear Addict

No one?
Old 25th October 2007
Gear Head

i haveheh
Old 25th October 2007
Gear Addict

How was it compared to other pre's? Is the sound the same as a regular rack germanium? Has any noticed any differences between 500 modules and there regular cased counterparts?
Old 25th October 2007
Cody's pulling your leg a bit...he's part of the Chandler crew (so he's definitely heard it).

They are supposed to ship this week to dealers (at least according to a letter we got a few days ago from Chandler), I'm looking forward to hearing that bad boy.
Old 25th October 2007
Gear Addict

Oh, I saw them on the chandler site and figured they were released already.
Old 26th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody brown View Post
i haveheh
Old 4th January 2009
Lives for gear

Yes, I will NOT start a new thread and ask the same question a 100 times....but I will revive an ancient thread........

Ok, I'd like to know as well....is there a difference between the rackmount version of the Chandler Germ & the 500 series??? Yes, I know one must get the bigger version of the API Rack (w the larger PSU) for it to be powered correctly (less noise), plus I could add more API 512's, 550's & 560's!!!!!!

So what's the deal?
Old 4th January 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRock101 View Post
Yes, I will NOT start a new thread and ask the same question a 100 times....but I will revive an ancient thread........

Ok, I'd like to know as well....is there a difference between the rackmount version of the Chandler Germ & the 500 series??? Yes, I know one must get the bigger version of the API Rack (w the larger PSU) for it to be powered correctly (less noise), plus I could add more API 512's, 550's & 560's!!!!!!

So what's the deal?
I've never used them myself so take this with a pinch of salt (or a handful!). My friend (engineer) tried it last year and wasn't too impressed. He felt it was quite different to the racked version.

I was always interested in these units so hopefully someone whose used both units could chime in.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search