The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
500 sreies FX units?
Old 7th October 2007
Gear Nut

500 sreies FX units?

Does anyone think that a company would/should start doing FX's in a 500 series form? I just want to know what other people think of this idea.
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Head

a veeeeeeeeeeeeery small plate reverb
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Nut

Well I figured that if they can make fx's in a stomp box why not in one or two slot sizes in a lunch box.
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Addict

With a little modification you might be able to squeeze a Nonoverb in a 500 rack. lol

Old 8th October 2007
Gear Nut

I was thinking singal fx, not multi fx. Like use 1 slot for anolog delay, 2 slots for tape delay, 1 slot for modulation, and so on. But if its a dumb idea i can take a hint!!
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarnationsauce View Post
With a little modification you might be able to squeeze a Nonoverb in a 500 rack. lol

Just bang it in with a hammer.

It`ll probably improve the sound.
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Although I like the tape delay & plate reverb ideas, I'm not sure how realistic they are.
OTOH, there might well be a market for stompbox-to-500 conversions.
FunkLogic/PurpleAudio/BlackLion/AlternateSoundings are you listening?
How about a 500-form distortion+EQ? (SansAmp?)
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear
as much as i like the 500 series idea and love my lunchbox i doubt that releasing fx in this format really makes sense. but the whole frame/console idea yes definitely!

istvan
Old 8th October 2007
How long are you gonna wait for all your favourite fx to be available in 500 series format...?

There's so many great pedals already out there. And you can always put them onto a rack to make it easier to experiment with.
Attached Thumbnails
500 sreies FX units?-fx-rack.jpg  
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
How long are you gonna wait for all your favourite fx to be available in 500 series format...?

There's so many great pedals already out there. And you can always put them onto a rack to make it easier to experiment with.
But the stomp boxs don't have the rite IMP. or balanced connections. If you don't own the "great pedals" already and someone made them in a 500 format with the rite IMP. and balanced connections, wouldn't you rather buy that?
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

I am for everything going into those 500 form factor rigs. Then, Those boxes being connected together into kind of a channel strip configuration. And then those channel strips being put into .... and then some monitoring and busses added and .... screw it.

I think its been done !
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by davode View Post
But the stomp boxs don't have the rite IMP. or balanced connections. If you don't own the "great pedals" already and someone made them in a 500 format with the rite IMP. and balanced connections, wouldn't you rather buy that?
You mean like this?

Old 8th October 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by davode View Post
I haven't looked into it that much yet, but I think there are re-amp boxes that solve those kind of problems. But I respect your point that a 500 series fx unit would be set up for balanced line level and I do think there is a lack of 100% analogue line level fx units. If someone was to make a 500 series range of such fx, I would only be interested if they were, like I said, all analogue and with the ability to control all the parameters via MIDI or CV.

There are other modular solutions for analogue fx; most of the modular synth manufacturers offer a good range such fx. Here's one for example:

Analogue Systems
Old 8th October 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatonic View Post
You mean like this?

Almost, But in a 500 format ready to plug in and without waiting for another custom rack to be made/bought.

Quote:
I would only be interested if they were, like I said, all analogue and with the ability to control all the parameters via MIDI or CV.
Just what I was thinking, All anologue modules. Too small for quality digital.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search