The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Picking up my A7s today
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Addict

Picking up my A7s today

I'll not get into which is best, there is no best, but the Adam sound is the one for me. I tried the Genelec and Dynaudio, really preferring the Dynaudio and then we hooked up the A7s and compared all 3. I think all 3 are very good speakers but when i heard the Adams I got over how much they were (all 3 the same price) and decided $1000 was ok. I was really debating on getting some monitors for $3-500/pr but had to try these just to see. The good news is my ears work! I've been worried about all these years of aural abuse had destroyed my hearing and I would not be able to tell rockits from barefoots so why not get the cheap ones, right? I've never been this excited about womthing this small before. I was really impressed and pleased. I hope they sound as good at home. They should sound better in my room that the showroom. I just had to tell someone.

To be honest when i started hearing about people using A7s for nearfield monitors I thought you guys must need your heads examined. Now I see they are not your father's A7s! We used 2 pair of A7s on the road for 12 years but now I see you were not talking about Altecs.
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cane View Post
I'll not get into which is best, there is no best, but the Adam sound is the one for me. I tried the Genelec and Dynaudio, really preferring the Dynaudio and then we hooked up the A7s and compared all 3. I think all 3 are very good speakers but when i heard the Adams I got over how much they were (all 3 the same price) and decided $1000 was ok. I was really debating on getting some monitors for $3-500/pr but had to try these just to see. The good news is my ears work! I've been worried about all these years of aural abuse had destroyed my hearing and I would not be able to tell rockits from barefoots so why not get the cheap ones, right? I've never been this excited about womthing this small before. I was really impressed and pleased. I hope they sound as good at home. They should sound better in my room that the showroom. I just had to tell someone.

To be honest when i started hearing about people using A7s for nearfield monitors I thought you guys must need your heads examined. Now I see they are not your father's A7s! We used 2 pair of A7s on the road for 12 years but now I see you were not talking about Altecs.
Make sure you receive the ADAM 2-year warranty. They sound awesome, but I've had two "rare, but odd" quirks with mine in less than a year.

I'm also somewhat and amateur, so half of it could be me, but just 2 cents.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Addict

I didn't realize I could get them without the warranty.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search