The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
recording mic techniques questions
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Head

recording mic techniques questions

I have a few questions. such as the highs and lows of bleumin, mid side, decca tree and any other mic technieque. i would like to understand majority of these and perhaps use them. I also hear that the mid side needs a mid side encorder. which i have never heard in my life... also what is a stereo editor... i've notice neve has one for sell, i just dont know what it does. perhaps it is a mid side encoder... thank you
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

You won't get many responses to this, it's really the kind of thing you should do some research on yourself rather than asking here. You could probably google "blumlein" and get all the info you need.

This kind of thing is why so many companies charge for tech support now.
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Logic 8 has a new M/S Decoder.

Do some google searches or better yet go to the library and get a book. Your question is a little broad...
Old 26th September 2007
mds
Lives for gear

The Schoeps site has a lot of mic technique info too...there are some good books out there too if you're just getting started. Modern Recording Techniques by David Miles Huber is a good one...
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by corworld View Post
Logic 8 has a new M/S Decoder.
And there's an easy way to create such an encoder yourself with a.o. a desk, but you need 3 channels for that, where as an encoder does all the stuff you need without to much hassle and requires only 2 channels (or a stereo channel).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search