The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lookin' to get some new monitors.
Old 26th September 2007

Lookin' to get some new monitors.

I've had ADAM P22's for years and am thinking of getting a second pair. Something not so hi fi. Picsail's room has NS10's and I'm looking for monitors that are a bit gruntier sounding like his. Maybe something new that's powered.
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm about to sell my NS10s, and Dyn Bm6's.

ugly and pretty. your adams fit somewhere inbetween.
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

James,

If you haven't already picked up the NS-10s elsewhere, get 'em from Craig. He's a great guy.

Stewart
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

The Focals have the mid detail that the NS-10 's provide, but they also add the top and bottom that is killer as well. I know it's not quite what your looking for, but I feel you would benefit after checking them out.
I use the Solo6's which are balanced very nicely. They would compliment your P-22's which have a big bottom, because Solo's don't hit as hard in that area. I think of them as extended NS10's.

Good luck.
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear
What do you want them for? I think that would be an important consideration. Do you want them for detail during tracking, or something for checking mixes?
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Avantone mixcubes are my adam A7 alternates. wrok really well. I prefer to use them a few feet further away than my nearfields just so I can get balances right.

I suppose apart from them the NS-10's are what you are looking for.

I haven't a pair in my own studio but I have used them for years and can recommend.
Old 26th September 2007
Here for the gear

Sorry to But In, but I have some NS10's and am looking for a Sub to Compliment them, any Ideas on a way to Get some Low End Lovin?

Stu
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimelab View Post
Sorry to But In, but I have some NS10's and am looking for a Sub to Compliment them, any Ideas on a way to Get some Low End Lovin?

Stu
Get the ADAM sub8

great sub for nearfields at a very resonable price.

http://vintageking.com/20-Hottest-Sellers/ADAM-Sub-8
Old 26th September 2007
Here for the gear

Looks tidy! Cheers Man.

S
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

I don't really think thats what James means Jim.
I believe he just wants a "reality check" monitor. I have Adams and they are great but I wouldn't dream of mixing on them ALONE. I like mixing on 2 or 3 systems from hi end hi fi, to avantones and little ipod docking stations. I learn from each one.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search