The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Amazing New Preamp!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

I am waiting for the Mercenary edition.
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Maniac

This kind of humour is one of the main reason why I just LOVE gs.

/Nick.
Old 26th September 2007
CKK
Lives for gear

Looks good - cant wait to get my urin-yellow small child hands on this baby!!!
Old 26th September 2007
Gear Addict

I dunno, I like the vintage behringer stuff a lot more, resale value nowadays is crazy!!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaknt View Post
That classic beringer sound just got a lot warmer.
quote of the day. that classic behringer sound, ROFL. good one I'm def. laughing.

yeah when I start looking for that sound i think it may be time to find a new job

but if i really need it i suppose i've always got my funklogic masterizer or whatever the hell they call that thing. lol
good one!
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
Can anyone think of a single good piece of gear that has a special little window for the tube? Imagine if companies did this for transformers.
You know, I was going to let this slip by, but did feel compelled to point out one piece of gear that has a special little window for it's tube, and is IMHO a great sounding box. It's my Davisound TB-3

The tube stage is implemented in a manner that is actually integral to the box. It contains, according to the manual, a " variable drive and variable distortion control for a singled ended, Class- A triode, tube stage". It can be switched in and out of the signal path, has an active gain control for the tube stage that effects the voltage going to the tube and has a "distortion control" that changes the tube bias. It's really just icing on the cake for a box that has two great preamps and compressors in it. I admittedly do often leave the tube stage off, choosing to use the onboard line amps for extra gain if I need that out of the box, but it does offer up a pretty cool color option for tone-shaping with the preamp.

Oh yeah, the window actually looks pretty cool too...
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

they make a tasty wine too
Old 26th September 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernal Device View Post
I am waiting for the Mercenary edition.
lmao
Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaknt View Post
That classic beringer sound just got a lot warmer.

heh heh heh

Old 26th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm waiting for the Waves/Behringer plugin bundle.

$1000 plus $200 a year wup.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by madstrat View Post
er uh.. that tube is a dual triode.....just sayin'.....
Aha! I didn't look at the picture long enough to tell, as I had just eaten lunch at the time.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Addict

damn i was thinkin of buying one, glad i read this post lol
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Addict

At least you can use it as a night light to find your rack in the dark.

Q. What Behringer gear doesn't suck?

A. The new Behringer vacuum cleaner.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

So how much gain is "UltraGain" exactly? Can we quantify this?

Anton
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Isn't this on the wrong forum?

Shouldn't this be on the High End forum? I mean, it's got a tube, for crying out loud!heh
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoteRotie View Post
At least you can use it as a night light to find your rack in the dark.

Q. What Behringer gear doesn't suck?

A. The new Behringer vacuum cleaner.
Post of the year.
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfreq33 View Post
Can anyone think of a single good piece of gear that has a special little window for the tube? Imagine if companies did this for transformers.

The Korg Triton Extreme is a pretty good piece of gear - and it has a special little window for the tube. But like the salesguy at GC told me, "It uses the newer 'blue-tube' which are better than the older orange ones".
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchas View Post
The Korg Triton Extreme is a pretty good piece of gear - and it has a special little window for the tube. But like the salesguy at GC told me, "It uses the newer 'blue-tube' which are better than the older orange ones".
Yea, and it's lit up with a blue LED.
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hey.

I have one of those. I bought it back in the late 90s for about 100 bucks brand new at guitar center. I also have ART tube MP and DBX 760X and the little ART box that has the VU meter. The 760X rips all of them a new one. But they all beat the pres in my Mackie 1202 (before VLZ) it sounds even worse.

I used to run MXL V67s through that behringer preamp for overhead duties and it sounded like ass.

Now all of that gear is sitting in a milk crate in the basement. Its becoming more 'Vintage' day by day. I am going to corner the market baby!
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Wait a minute... It's ok for a chic to show off her cleavage, for a muscle car to show its headers through a hole in the hood, and Algore to showoff his package, but a preamp can't show off the guts that make all the wonderful sound happen?

I'm gonna buy one and record a grammy winning record just to piss you guys off, and when I go to accept my reward, I'm gonna have my preamp tucked under my arm.
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne mox View Post
I'm gonna buy one and record a grammy winning record just to piss you guys off, and when I go to accept my reward, I'm gonna have my preamp tucked under my arm.
no, you're not.
Old 27th September 2007
Emi
Gear Addict

to be a pro you just got to have this baby un your rack!

I´m thinking about selling my La610 to replace it with this one....it´s about the tube
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

...but does it record drums?
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
to be a pro you just got to have this baby un your rack!

I´m thinking about selling my La610 to replace it with this one....it´s about the tube
I'll trade you... even swap... I'll even drive to anywhere in the continetal US to pick it up... on second thought... anywhere... period... and if you change your mind while I'm in route, I'll still give you the behringer just for the thrill of the moment you gave me
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne mox View Post
I'm gonna have my preamp tucked under my arm.
Damn... I smell burning armpit hair already
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

[email protected]@##$$Wow!! Is this Behringer something new?
Looks ****ing amazing!!
If it sounds anything how it looks, count me in!
Availabliity?
Pricing info?
If it's not available yet, I hope it doesn't just end up being vaporware!
I'm sure it's in the stratosphere price-wise, oh well, I can dream can't I?
Why didn't you post in "High end", not flaming , just asking?
Old 27th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Big waste of time and my electric
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurymantra View Post
You know, I was going to let this slip by, but did feel compelled to point out one piece of gear that has a special little window for it's tube, and is IMHO a great sounding box. It's my Davisound TB-3

The tube stage is implemented in a manner that is actually integral to the box. It contains, according to the manual, a " variable drive and variable distortion control for a singled ended, Class- A triode, tube stage". It can be switched in and out of the signal path, has an active gain control for the tube stage that effects the voltage going to the tube and has a "distortion control" that changes the tube bias. It's really just icing on the cake for a box that has two great preamps and compressors in it. I admittedly do often leave the tube stage off, choosing to use the onboard line amps for extra gain if I need that out of the box, but it does offer up a pretty cool color option for tone-shaping with the preamp.

Oh yeah, the window actually looks pretty cool too...

Not wanting to de-rail this thread but I just checked out the site--beautiful looking gear. I sent them an inquiry...thanks for that, now back to that amazing piece of gear from the original post.....

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search