The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
monitoring ways...
Old 23rd September 2007
Here for the gear

monitoring ways...

Would this be possible?

I'm using Logic Studio. Would it be possible to give me bassist, drummer, and guitar player all different mixes by doing the following.

Create 3 AUX's in the DAW.

AUX 1 is for the bassist, AUX 2 is for guitarist, AUX 3 is for drummer.

I set their mixes each up in the recording program from the incoming tracks. IE like bass player will obviously want more of his bass in his headphones than the guitar

THEN.

I could route each AUX out a different output on my firepod, since I have 8.

So AUX 1 would go OUT3-4, AUX 2 would go OUT5-6, AUX 3- OUT7-8

The whole rest of the mix would go out the regular outputs, 1-2.

All I would like to do now is find a headphone amp that has 3 headphone outputs, but lets me put a different input on each channel.

Like the Behringer HA4700, but with an input on each channel. I see it has an AUX on each channel..would that work?

Sorry if this question is a bit confusing.
Old 23rd September 2007
Lives for gear

you could easily do that...but yes, as you said, you'd need seperate headphone amps for each (or a combo unit with dedicated inputs)...
Old 23rd September 2007
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by orksnork View Post
you could easily do that...but yes, as you said, you'd need seperate headphone amps for each (or a combo unit with dedicated inputs)...
Do you know any amps that are like that?
Old 23rd September 2007
Although you wouldn't be the one creating the mix, you could go with the Furman HDS-16 with the HRM-16 satellites and run all the channels you want out to the HDS-16 and then each HRM-16 is individually controlled by the talent to create their own headphone mixes with the tracks you present to them. You'd need some additional channels of D/A to make that happen if you wanted to use it to its fullest potential. Otherwise, for right now, you can use it with the limited number of channels you have available and then upgrade to more down the road.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search