The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
dream interpretation: three nights in a row of gear related dreams
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

dream interpretation: three nights in a row of gear related dreams

I've been aquiring a lot of gizmos lately (picking up a Hammond L112 tonight) and I think the ghosts of gizmo future are haunting me.

I'm a geek i admit that. Friday night I had a dream I was in a tower in Tokyo haggling with some dude over the price of a second Aphex 1100 for the studio, and had to bug one of my clients who was with me to pay up, so I could buy the new pre.

Saturday night it was owning an 1176, playing with attack and release times and really hearing the difference... although I can already hear the difference in waking life... this was hyper-reality dope-smoking mind-blowing stuff.

Last night it was hearing a real Dimension D for the first time (which I haven't) and being blown away in comparison to other emulations i had heard, and explaing to someone how cool it was and oddly enough Phil Collins figured prominently in the discussion although I am not really a Phil Collins fan, nor am i certain he used the Dimension D.

Am I losing my mind... amd I losing my f$%*ing mind?

Anyone else spending way too much time in the studio?
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord_bunny View Post
I've been aquiring a lot of gizmos lately (picking up a Hammond L112 tonight) and I think the ghosts of gizmo future are haunting me.

I'm a geek i admit that. Friday night I had a dream I was in a tower in Tokyo haggling with some dude over the price of a second Aphex 1100 for the studio, and had to bug one of my clients who was with me to pay up, so I could buy the new pre.

Saturday night it was owning an 1176, playing with attack and release times and really hearing the difference... although I can already hear the difference in waking life... this was hyper-reality dope-smoking mind-blowing stuff.

Last night it was hearing a real Dimension D for the first time (which I haven't) and being blown away in comparison to other emulations i had heard, and explaing to someone how cool it was and oddly enough Phil Collins figured prominently in the discussion although I am not really a Phil Collins fan, nor am i certain he used the Dimension D.

Am I losing my mind... amd I losing my f$%*ing mind?

Anyone else spending way too much time in the studio?
You are in fact losing your mind. The only therapy that can save you involves sending all your gear to me. I'm sorry for your mental instability and I certainly don't mind taking one for the team on this one.
Old 22nd September 2007
Lives for gear

I hear what your getting at & it may be a viable cure... tell you what, I'll let go of my coveted early 90's Alesis 3630.
Old 27th September 2007
Lives for gear

Seasons in the Abyss

Ahhh, no one cares but i'm gonna keep posting my bizarre gear and music related dreams here.

Last night I had a dream where I could play guitar REALLY fast. All my guitar buddies were very impressed.

I can't play fast, never could. I remember doing speed excercises in elementary school, and I'm no faster now than I was then. I don't even care if I can shed...

But there you go... don't eat bruchetta right before bed folks.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search