The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AUDIO GEAR SHOP IN WASHINGTON ? Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

AUDIO GEAR SHOP IN WASHINGTON ?

Hello there,

Anyone can give me the names of a few good audio gear shops in Washington ?

thx you slutties

RT
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

State or D.C. ??

Regards,
Bruce
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

D.C. of course.

Wait, you mean there's a state called Washington?

- c
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
Yeah... the BETTER one!

Regards,
Bruce
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

There's Chuck Levin's in Wheaton...Protech is there too if you need things repaired and whatnot...
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

I mean the city of washington.

I need to buy an API 550A (new)

thx
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

If you walk to the opposite side of the block Chuck's is on there's Washington Professional Systems (Washington Professional Systems), which is Chuck's true pro audio wing (Chuck's being more prosumer-y). To get there, walk out of Chuck's and make a right, make a right at the corner, make a right at the next corner (Grandview) and WPS is on your right. I'm not sure what they have on-hand at any given time, but it might be worth checking out.

Perhaps more importantly, between Chuck's and WPS, after you make that first right, on your right, is Sabang, an Indonesian restaurant that is to die for. There's also a great used book/vinyl store a couple blocks away (Bonifant Books). Hollywood East, two blocks away on University Blvd., has AMAZING dim sum...

I'm sorry, what was this thread about?

Sadly, I don't know of any other pro audio place in the DC area. Wasn't there a place in VA that was selling Buzz Audio stuff..? -E

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLakis View Post
There's Chuck Levin's in Wheaton...Protech is there too if you need things repaired and whatnot...
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Odds are pretty good WPS will have an API on hand. Hell, you could conceivably get 'em from API (about 30 minutes from WPS). Of course, then eating at Sabang would be harder. Give WPS a call; it's very Metro (subway/rail/tube) accessible. -E

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtprods View Post
I mean the city of washington.

I need to buy an API 550A (new)

thx
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

thx everyone

Hi everyone

thx for the help I called WPS / I'm gonna go there.

Thx 4 all the infos !!

RT
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricaneE View Post
If you walk to the opposite side of the block Chuck's is on there's Washington Professional Systems (Washington Professional Systems), which is Chuck's true pro audio wing (Chuck's being more prosumer-y). To get there, walk out of Chuck's and make a right, make a right at the corner, make a right at the next corner (Grandview) and WPS is on your right. I'm not sure what they have on-hand at any given time, but it might be worth checking out.
Wow! I never knew. I planned on stopping by Chuck's for some rack rails and maybe a wah pedal. I'll have to check WPS out.

Quote:
Perhaps more importantly, between Chuck's and WPS, after you make that first right, on your right, is Sabang, an Indonesian restaurant that is to die for.
If it's anything like their M St. location, definitely try it out.

Quote:
There's also a great used book/vinyl store a couple blocks away (Bonifant Books).
Informative post. I'm going to have a good evening.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure we're talking about two different restaurants. Are you thinking of ... Saigonese? Near Wisconsin? Regardless, you should have a good evening

ChefMoz Dining Guide -- United_States/MD/Wheaton/Sabang

I'm not sure how great WPS is for a simple drop in, but it might be worth doing as long as you're going to Chuck's. And stopping in at Sabang ... Okay, I'll stop.
-E

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezowinZ View Post
Wow! I never knew. I planned on stopping by Chuck's for some rack rails and maybe a wah pedal. I'll have to check WPS out.

If it's anything like their M St. location, definitely try it out.

Informative post. I'm going to have a good evening.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure we're talking about two different restaurants. Are you thinking of ... Saigonese? Near Wisconsin? Regardless, you should have a good evening
Ha! Actually, I was thinking of Penang, a Malaysian restuarant. Sabang, Penang... kinda close.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Ahhhh. Malaysian and Indonesian are somewhat similar, although I think Indonesian--while earthy like Malaysian--is a lot more flavorful, like adding sweet transformers to a good but bland pre ... See how I tied it all together, however sketchily? -E

Quote:
Ha! Actually, I was thinking of Penang, a Malaysian restuarant. Sabang, Penang... kinda close.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
D.C. of course.

- c
fuuck

Haha, just playing.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Penang is pretty good. I don't usually go down that way except to go there, or maybe stop by Southworth Guitars.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Southworth is Wed only now. Try Sabang. -E

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Penang is pretty good. I don't usually go down that way except to go there, or maybe stop by Southworth Guitars.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sorry. Southworth is WEB only now. -E

Quote:
Southworth is Wed only now. Try Sabang. -E
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Sorry. Southworth is WEB only now. -E
Really? That must have been pretty recent. I suppose that's better for Gil, given what the rent must have been and how little walk-in traffic he was getting. The problem I see with that business strategy is that it makes even fewer places you can wax your vintage gear lust. I hope he's just relocating some place cheaper. I'd hate for Atomic to be the only used gear place on this side of town.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search