The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good store in NYC for percussion toys
Old 13th September 2007
  #1
Good store in NYC for percussion toys

Title says it all....I am not looking for anything specific but I like to add mutiple overdubbed layers of percussion to some of my tracks. Would love to pick up some new shakers, bells, hand drums, udu, maybe a glockenspiel and anything else wierd and unusual that might have a cool sound. Really just wondering if there is a good store in NYC (or brooklyn) to go into and browse such items. GC and Sam Ash suck for this. If anyone knows a cool place let me know.
Old 13th September 2007
  #2
Gear Nut
 
overclock's Avatar
 

there's a place in brooklyn, on union somewhere tween nevins and 4th. i walked by it the other day and made a mental note to check it out later. but haven't.

basically get off at the union subway stop, walk west on union and it will be on the south side of the street.

- b
Old 14th September 2007
  #3
Cool, thanks...I will check it out. Anyone else want to chime in? Seems like there should be a nice shop somewhere specifying in ethnic instruments or something with loads of cool stuff.
Old 14th September 2007
  #4
Gear Head
 

http://www.drummersworld.com

151 w 46th st. Great little shop.
Old 14th September 2007
  #5
Lives for gear
 
Jim vanBergen's Avatar
 

+1 Drummer's World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhaus View Post
http://www.drummersworld.com

151 w 46th st. Great little shop.
They have great stuff! LOTS of toys, great world percussion. Go to 48th street and see the MI stores and their limited selection, then walk two short blocks and see the PILES of gear at DW.
Old 14th September 2007
  #6
Lives for gear
 
Cellotron's Avatar
TribalSoundz is absolutely what you are looking for:

Home Page

340 E 6th Street in Manhattan.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Old 14th September 2007
  #7
Gear Head
 
Geoffrey's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleatoric View Post
Title says it all....I am not looking for anything specific but I like to add mutiple overdubbed layers of percussion to some of my tracks. Would love to pick up some new shakers, bells, hand drums, udu, maybe a glockenspiel and anything else wierd and unusual that might have a cool sound. Really just wondering if there is a good store in NYC (or brooklyn) to go into and browse such items. GC and Sam Ash suck for this. If anyone knows a cool place let me know.
Drummers world first. Then head down to Tribal Soundz.
Old 14th September 2007
  #8
Lives for gear
 
themaidsroom's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cellotron View Post
TribalSoundz is absolutely what you are looking for:

Home Page

340 E 6th Street in Manhattan.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
right near the indian food - haveli on 2nd avenue or mitali east
on sixth street i would recommend
Old 14th September 2007
  #9
Nice! These 2 stores look great....going to check them out next chance I get, thanks!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Rea / So much gear, so little time
64
nbutter / Low End Theory
8
Elsteve9 / So much gear, so little time
6

Forum Jump
Forum Jump