The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Severe slut deprivation in Europe
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Severe slut deprivation in Europe

So as much as I love Poland - the people, the place and working here, there's a severe shortage of music stores and general studio supplies. Should I just look at ordering stuff from Germany and Sweden ? I did some searches on GS and turned up Golden Age Music in Sweden. Any other suggestions ?

So far here's the stuff Polish sluts have a hard time finding:

1 - console tape (they all use masking tape)
2 - Sharpies
3 - speaker stands - they don't exist, no KK audio, no markertek, etc.
4 - decent office chairs - Aeron chairs are $1650 !!!!!!!!
5 - solder
6 - cases and racks. Plenty of cases for violins and accordians though !!!

and of course there's no canned soup !!!!!!
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

try www.thomann.de

they can at least help you out with speaker stands, racks and cases.

and maybe also musik produktiv.

dom
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

And
Music Store Professional

I prefer them to Thomann in general...although it's very close. Both are excellent IMO
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

You will generally have more options and better prices buying from German suppliers.

And by the way, shouldn't the title be: "Severe slut deprivation in Poland"
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdom View Post
try Musikhaus Thomann Cyberstore Eingang

they can at least help you out with speaker stands, racks and cases.

and maybe also musik produktiv.
Thomann is great and has good shipping rates. I'd stay away from Musik Produktiv, I had a lot of bad experiences there and unlike Thomann the service is also rather incompetent.

Golden Age is great for Pro Audio stuff, it's highly recommended.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Nut

I'm mostly of Polish descent and been there - there may be a shortage of Slutz there, but there SURE as hell ain't not shortage of good, ol fashioned sluts there. And theres the perception that there are a lot of hot women there, because the women who would be fat with a pretty face in the US, aren't fat over there! (They walk and ride bikes over there, which is what this frickin fat-ass nation should be doing more of)
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Whats Console Tape??? I've always used Masking tape at every studio I've ever worked in!
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

In the states most studios have this stuff called "artist" tape, that you can buy in art stores. It comes in a variety of widths, is white, and leaves no residue on the console. Write on it with a Sharpie brand marker and it's very legible. Once you use it you can't go back. My Polish musician and engineer friends love it. Also found out duct and gaffers tape is rare here as well . . . . . .
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by msyno View Post
I'm mostly of Polish descent and been there - there may be a shortage of Slutz there, but there SURE as hell ain't not shortage of good, ol fashioned sluts there. And theres the perception that there are a lot of hot women there, because the women who would be fat with a pretty face in the US, aren't fat over there! (They walk and ride bikes over there, which is what this frickin fat-ass nation should be doing more of)
Mmm, that's true up to a certain age. My experience of the last year here is that there are plenty of overweight Polish women. But it seems the younger girls, under 30 and single seem to really take care of themselves. Once they're married all bets are off.

And yes, there are outrageously gorgeous women here. . . . .
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmix View Post
In the states most studios have this stuff called "artist" tape, that you can buy in art stores. It comes in a variety of widths, is white, and leaves no residue on the console. Write on it with a Sharpie brand marker and it's very legible. Once you use it you can't go back. My Polish musician and engineer friends love it. Also found out duct and gaffers tape is rare here as well . . . . . .
Ahhh... I'll have to keep an eye out for that stuff... not that I have a problem with the masking tape situation. I'd be seriously peeved if I couldnt get a Sharpie though.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search