The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chameleon Labs 7602 @ Musician's Friend Single-Channel Preamps
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Chameleon Labs 7602 @ Musician's Friend

From what i've read online, you need to purchase the power supply separately. I was looking at MF's website and they don't sell the PS. But when I read the description, it said "features: Break-out oversize power supply" so does that mean it comes with the PS?

Buy Chameleon Labs Model 7602 Mic Pre/EQ Channel Strip at Musician's Friend
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

they include the powersupply when you buy from them. a friend of mine just got one. the pre is usually about $675 plus $100 for the psu.. thats why there price is $768
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

how do these pre's hold up to the blue robbie? One has eq's but is made in China and the other doesn't but is made in the USA.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

complete different sound. can't compare the 2 imo. the robbie is cool and i've heard a few things done with a robbie/cactus combo and it sounded great. i've never used the robbie myself.
the 7602 is another neve replica but not quite neve. it sounds good and has a good tone to it but its still not a chandler ltd1 or a neve pre but for the price it isn't bad at all. i used it last night with a 414TL-II and 4050 and the vocals sound very good..
could be the lynx aurora but i think the pre held its own. didn't use the eq and it went into a portico compressor
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear
The Chameleon is great bang for the buck. Not as hifi as a Chandler or an Aurora, but IMHOP still better sounding than most console up to real upper eschelon.

Think the pre is on th same level as the Robbie, although they really don't compare very well. then of course the Chameleon has a very respectable EQ.

The Chameleon is excellent on drums, bass, electric guitar. Can be really effective on vocals, for certain stuff.
Old 29th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Musicians Friend is so ********.

I bought a Chameleon Labs 7602 recently and they only sent me the power supply!!!!

I was told they have a computerized shipping system and that the 7602 was shown to go out..

of course i received only one tracking number and one box with just the power supply..

Now they have to tell me i have to 'wait' for them to investigate this!! lol

I offered to take a photo of the box with the ups shipping label on it for 'proof' to speed things up.. but they dont want that.. lol

So now i have spent 700+ dollars on a power supply!!!!fuuck Musicians Friend!!

How completely ********!! They dont picture the power supply on their site and they dont offer the preamp without the power supply..

I will never order ANYTHING from Musicians Friend Again!!

Todd
Old 29th September 2007
Lives for gear

They've been really bad lately. I used to order from them a lot, but it's been a while. Now I've got a buddy at GC, hooks me up pretty well. I can't see going back to mail order.
Old 29th September 2007
Gear Addict

I just got a scratch n' dent 7602 from MF for $550 (with a powersupply). That's really weird that they only sent you the psu, because the individually boxed units are supposed to come in one master box.
Old 29th September 2007
Gear Guru

i once ordered a guitar / sitar type instrument .. drone strings and all that ....

what i got in the mail was an epiphone les paul looking thing with a small practice amp .. and they said my order did not go out and i got someone esles order that was suppose to go to florida .. i live in california ...

pure mixed up shipping

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search