The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New API 1608 Videos - Rear Panel and Overview From Vintage King Audio
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

New API 1608 Videos - Rear Panel and Overview From Vintage King Audio

We got a chance to sit down with Dan Zimbelman and Gordon Smart from API at Vintage King to check out the new API 1608. Below are some videos from the day. The first is a general overview, the second is a detailed overview, and the last one is a rear panel overview.

Jeff Leibovich

Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

amazing!!!
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Nice. I still want to see the 1608 joined with the 16 ch expander.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

me too!!!!!!!
Old 12th September 2007
SK1
Lives for gear

Yeah, show me the expander.

Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Well here's my obsessed take on it. Old school fader caps included! It's a bit of a joke, really, but...

Would this be a total impo$$ibilty to have API build custom? I have no experience in having/paying for a console like this modded. I've worked on plenty of modded desks, but never really thought about the cost.

Anyone have experience in this???
Attached Thumbnails
New API 1608 Videos - Rear Panel and Overview From Vintage King Audio-1608ex.jpg  
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

i just sharted, that would be ridiculous
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

hwaaaaaat

i would make love to that console
Old 12th September 2007
SK1
Lives for gear

That's awesome realtugs !

heh
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

I think this console is definetly worth the 50k.

Hmm I'm getting pretty close to having my studio loan payment paid off.. Another 5 years in debt wouldnt be that bad..
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Nice but I don't like where the pan pot is located.For 50k I can be picky.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

What I find interesting is the "to bus" switch on stereo AUX 7/8, which adds a second input to the channel (as they word it).

Can someone shed some light on this for me in it's applications?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
What I find interesting is the "to bus" switch on stereo AUX 7/8, which adds a second input to the channel (as they word it).

Our SoundTracs Megas has something like this. It allows you to use the aux level control as a feed to "Tape". The main channel faders then become your (virtual) monitor mix.

I would like to know if the API is rigged this way or is it possible to monitor directly from "Tape" thru the channel faders (like the AWS900 does).

Also: Please API, give us some more info on the automation.I searched online for specs on the current Vision Auto and there was almost nothing. The big question: Will the automation support DAW control?
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsonic View Post
Our SoundTracs Megas has something like this. It allows you to use the aux level control as a feed to "Tape". The main channel faders then become your (virtual) monitor mix.

I would like to know if the API is rigged this way or is it possible to monitor directly from "Tape" thru the channel faders (like the AWS900 does).

Also: Please API, give us some more info on the automation.I searched online for specs on the current Vision Auto and there was almost nothing. The big question: Will the automation support DAW control?
Great questions! I, too, would love to know those answers. Surely somebody from Vintage King can post a response to the first one after spending time with the board? Please???
Old 13th September 2007
Here for the gear

man is that thing a beauty!
Old 14th September 2007
Here for the gear

7/8 to two mix

This feature allows you to send the 7/8 aux send to the two mix. You can use this pre fader for your monitor mix and use your faders to go to tape. It's like having an in-line console. This opens up the door for very advanced routing.

Last edited by jfleibo; 18th September 2007 at 08:28 PM..
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Thanks a lot Jeff! Appreciate the info.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search