The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Daking MicPre/EQ VS. Chameleon Labs 7602 Single-Channel Preamps
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Daking MicPre/EQ vs. Chameleon Labs 7602

Daking MicPre/EQ Mic Preamp and "A Range" 4-Band EQ

vs

Chameleon Labs 7602
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

I'm not positive but isn't the Daking a single channel preamp?
Old 11th September 2007
mds
Lives for gear

Yeah...two channels would be $2800....the Dakings are awesome pres and I REALLY like the EQs. I haven't used the Chameleon stuff, but you can't go wrong with Daking in my experience...and I've used a LOT of Daking stuff...haha

Edit: I realized why the OP is confused. The Daking pictures always shows two units for some reason. You're only getting one for $1400....
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

from what i've heard (without using them) the chameleons are supposed to be as good as the vintech x73i's....

im going to pick one up in the near future
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear
Everyone has different opinions and it depends on what you are putting through them etc. but I have both the Chameleons and the X73i and TO ME, the Chameleons are not near as good sounding as the X73i. For the price they are pretty good though and worth having around. They are not as warm sounding as the Vintech's and other Neve style's I've tried so they can work on drums etc pretty well. I'm pretty sure the Dakings are twice as much as well.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Dakings vs 7602

I've been using the Dakings for well over 10 years I own 3,I got a pair of the Chameleons as soon as they became available.I own 4 of them now.They are both great pre's.The Dakings were the 1st really incredible pre's that I bought.I've never had a peep of trouble out of them and I couldn't imagine recording kick or snare without them.They get tons of use for agressive vocals bass,guitars almost anything.The 7602s aren't quite a sturdy as my older Dakings but their EQ is indespensible on toms ,guitars and Bass with an emphasis on mids.Incredible bang for the buck.The Front panel 1/4" inputs are great for bass,keys,just about anyhing.Their ability ti shape sounds is totally different than the Dakings.Lots more mid control.The dakings are crisper with a more solid low end.Either of these pre/eqs will perform as well or better than anything in their price range.

I have a Pacifica,Germanium and a La Chapell pre and along with the Dakings and Chameleons I seldom feel like I need any more pre's when recording but I'm sure that I'll grab some more at some point.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

i own 2 7602's and I love them, about to order a few more, the eq is great

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search