The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Soundreplacer problems Utility Plugins
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

Soundreplacer problems

I've been using soundreplacer in PT 7.3 on my intel mac and have had problems with getting the dynamics section to work properly. When I replace a drum hit, the new snare (for example) has a much larger waveform (to the point of clipping sometimes). It does this regardless of what ratio the dynamics are at. When I use the other Windows based computers at the studio for the same replacement, the dynamics section works how it should. Has anybody else run into this???
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

I've seen that before. My assumption was that the samples I was using (ported from bfd) had been normalized at -.01db, causing a problem in the translation. I find that I usually have to treat the tracks I'm replacing with a limiter and a gate before using soundreplacer. Avoids the false triggers.

I guess that doesn't really answer your question, but it's all I've got.
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

Any advice or experiences with this helps, thanks.
Old 28th January 2010
Gear Maniac

I'm having the same problem. The samples I am using pk no hotter than -7.3dbfs but every hit SoundReplacer is replacing is clipped.
Can anyone offer any advise??
Old 28th January 2010
Gear Maniac

Fixed it, just another tool that is designed to easy your workflow but actually costs you more time in the end. Have to gain down your tracks first, useless if you need to fix a clipped track in a hurry. Also it is crap at aligning to the original so you have to manually adjust every hit. Dumb. oh well thats 2 hours I will never get back. wont be using that ever again.
Old 28th January 2010
Gear Maniac

I think 75% of the hits in Soundreplacer are a few samples before/after the actual hit. It's really annoying me that I have to manually check them...
Never had the clipping though.
I don't use it anymore unless I really need to!
(or maybe I need an assistant to do it for me)

Cheers,

F.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search