The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
client perception Consoles
Old 11th September 2007
Here for the gear

client perception

I was just thinking today about gear investment of course... as im sure all of you are. But i realized i have what i need essentially. But in terms of client perception, what is your experience or thought on how your studio looks when trying to bring in clients. Is it worht it to buy a console thats a glorified mouse if people will see it and want to come to YOUR studio and pay more money?

What are the psychological aspects of studio image to clients do you think?
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

I think the room itself puts the best foot forward. Musicians also notice acoustics as well, don't kid yourself.

Gear attracts other engineers more than musicians, so it really depends on who your client base is.

A good lookin room with great acoustics is something musicians can immediately identify with IMO.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats View Post
I think the room itself puts the best foot forward. Musicians also notice acoustics as well, don't kid yourself.

Gear attracts other engineers more than musicians, so it really depends on who your client base is.

A good lookin room with great acoustics is something musicians can immediately identify with IMO.
Kats I sat here for 10 min wanting to say what you just said but did not want to come off as "this guy is just selling acoustics". heh The first thing anyone ever comments about in my studio is the panels on the wall. Well they like the lava lamp also.

Glenn
Old 13th September 2007
I'd say the asthetics are deffinatley important. We have a DDA DMR12 console, that we pretty much just use for monitoring back from the computer.
When you have racks of much better pre's, the desk becomes redundant.
However, this doesn't stop bands taking photo's of them sitting at the desk pretending to push faders!
Old 13th September 2007
a nice collection of guitar amps/ guitars/ basses/ a piano/ an organ/ some synths makes a huge impact on musicians. these are also money makers in that the crappy hobby rock bands will take forever tinkering with this kind of stuff.

and as we know, the projects that last the longest are never the best ones.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Good-looking lighting is a factor, too. If they feel comfortable, they like the sound better
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

gold records on the wall..the RIAA doesn't lie

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search