The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
ProTools HD Keeps losing 888/24s Help!
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

ProTools HD Keeps losing 888/24s Help!

Hi guys,

I did a quick search for this but couldn't come up with anything. I'm hoping someone might have had the same issue and be able to help. Or, even if you can't help, I'd like to know if I'm the only one who's having/had this problem.

I'm running a ProTools HD 3 rig (7.3) using one 192 interface with two 888/24 units running of a Y cable on the legacy port.

Here's the issue. Every so often, ProTools will fail to access the 888/24 units. ProTools will load, the session will load up just fine, but then no audio will pass in or out of anything except the 192 interface. The units show up in the i/o menu and in the hardware section but they will not pass audio.

The only workaround I've found for this is to go into the hardware settings, change both of the 888/24 interfaces to "none" and then change them both back to 888/24. Then it will run fine again until, a few days latter, it has another hiccup and forgets what to do with them again. There doesn't seem to be anything in particular that causes this to happen... No real pattern as to what causes this.

If my memory serves me, I never had this problem until after I upgraded to version 7.0 of ProTools.

Part of me wonders if Digi did this on purpose to annoy people who were still trying to use some of the older interfaces. In any case, it is annoying and (although it only takes a minute to reset the interfaces) I'd love to find away around it since these are supposed to be supported.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 11th September 2007

Not the same as your problem, but my 888-24 disapears after I've done a session at 96k. Have to do the same as you to make it re-appear. I understand that it goes away because it can't do 96k but you would think it would show up again when I go back to 44.1k. But nooooooooooo.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Same thing happens here.
There are several threads on the DUC about this.

No solution thus far- I doubt they put much effort into it being Legacy.

Some users report that using an external clock stops it from happening (most of the time).
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Thanks! At least now I know I'm not alone here!

Does anyone else have this issue/know how to resolve this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search