The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
protools dae errors? Condenser Microphones
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

protools dae errors?

hello all again. i have put together a portable protools recording rig consisting of a g4 1.6ghz and 2 gigs of ram running, protools 6.4tdm and osx 10.3.8. i am using a mix core card and two 888/24's. I am using this rig for recording church choirs and high school bands. (my studio is not big enough for a large church choir, and i don't want a bunch of a.d.d. stricken high school kids running around my studio, plus it pays pretty good too)

The problem i am having with that rig is that i can't get any of the tdm plugins to work. i keep getting a dae error 7077. which basically says i don't have enough dsp power. if you check the usage monitor (gas guage) it says that all my dsp's are free with the exception of the mix engine processor, which seems to be normal. i called digi about it and i would have been better off trying to get one of the a.d.d. stricken high school kids to fix it. I also looked on the digi website tech docs and forum, and thats how i figured out that the 7077 error was a dsp error... but to everyones surprise not a solution for fixing it was given.

Have any of you guys had or heard of this problem before? Do any of you guys know how to fix it or is it destined for the gear closet of death, doom and destruction?

Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

Did you check this out as well?

DAE error -7077.
Determine if it’s a hardware configuration problem first. Throw away the DigiSetup file and restart the system. If that doesn't alleviate the problem, verify hardware configuration and that the necessary INITs are loading properly. Verify the contents of the DAE Folder, that all needed software and drivers are present and that compatible versions are being used together. Verify that cards are in their proper placement in the Mac, seated firmly, and all peripherals are turned on and responding properly, and that the cables are connected.

Also, does everything work fine until you try to use a TDM plugin?
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

seems to be working

yeah man everything is extremely stable. the rtas plugs work great. it will play 24 tracks with rtas plugs all over them without any problems. i havn't tried a clean install of protools, maybe i will try it out. thanks for your help man. i'll take your advice and give it a go. it will not even load the basic tdm eq's and compressors that are bundled with protools, not to mention my waves plugs. it will run the bombfactor bf3,i think it is, but that is it. talk about strange man...
Old 11th September 2007
Motown legend

If you are using a firewire drive, beware that an intermittent cable or connector on the drive or computer can cause problems exactly like this. I've gotten bit by this a number of times because it's pretty counterintuitive.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search