The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Lightpipe Options?
Old 10th September 2007
Deleted User
Lightpipe Options?

Looking for a product like the M-Audio Profire Lightbridge. Dont want it cause I think its junk.

Any other ones out there to give you 32 inputs and outputs via ADAT/Lightpipe connection?
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanabit View Post
Looking for a product like the M-Audio Profire Lightbridge. Dont want it cause I think its junk.

Any other ones out there to give you 32 inputs and outputs via ADAT/Lightpipe connection?
Been using my Profire without a hitch on my SSL alpha link but anyway, there is only one other. The Presonus equivalent. Forgotten the name (if you mean firewire as your connection)
edit: it's called the lightpipe
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
Been using my Profire without a hitch on my SSL alpha link but anyway, there is only one other. The Presonus equivalent. Forgotten the name (if you mean firewire as your connection)
edit: it's called the lightpipe
Is this available yet? My local dealer in Canada shows it in their system, but none received to date. Supposed to have come out in May 2007

I'm on my third Profire Lightbridge. None of the three would lock clocks. Blips and clicks all over the place no matter how I configure. I was hoping MOTU would make something, but Presonus is good enough.

Another ******** thing is the Profire wont fit in 1u rackspace once you put it on a universal rack tray. Have to put it at the top f a rack where you hopefully have another mm headroom, or give it two spaces.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search