The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to give away my unused studio...?
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Head

How to give away my unused studio...?

I own a sweet medium sized studio in a bigger city in central Germany. I built it mostly for my personal use but I’m – sadly enough – not using it at all these days, due to professional travel as a freelance musician. The studio is nicely equipped with a vintage harrison console, westlake and yamaha monitors, sca preamps, purple mc77, metric halo converters, a dual G5 running logic pro and a good selection of microphones (Neumann, Sennheiser, AKG,...). The rooms are beautiful, very „loungy“, acoustically treated and in a charming old factory complex populated by artists, musicians, galleries. I’d love to work there, but I’m hardly ever in town.

I would like to offer a sae-graduate or a „studioless“ freelancer to use the studio. I figure, that it would be a perfect situation for a youngster with lots of ambition and little money. If I could find someone trustworthy, I would only want him (or her) to pay me the actual cost of rent (very cheap), energy and insurance. In case someone makes big money with my studio (wich is rather unlikely as we all know...), I would want a percentage.

How would you approach this project and how would you organize this deal? I can afford to keep the studio empty, but I would rather see it in use and ideally get the rent back. But of course I don’t want my equipment trashed, stolen or be bull****ted otherways.

What do you think?

Dan
Old 10th September 2007
Lives for gear

Who do you know in your town that is relieable? Let them recommend someone ...and install a video camera ;-) or install 3 or more, explaining that everything that happens is documented on a server 24/7. Even if you DON'T have 24/7 surveilance, the thought of it will work like a charm. Just roping in the usual SAE output is asking for trouble. Not that I want to put the SAE down, but I know quite an ammount of these folks as they always want to intern/work at my place. Audio is one thing, spotless intention another.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Maniac

PM sent
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Head

Frans,
thanks for your reply. A camera is a good idea.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Head

Mh... I was actually hoping to get some advice on how to safely organize a deal like a permanent lockout...

Where are you experienced studio-owners/managers?

Any input ist highly appreciated!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search