The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
adam p22a low end Studio Monitors
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Nut

adam p22a low end

Hi,
I just got a pair of Adam P22a for testing.
I like the midrange and the top end a lot but i´m missing
the low end.
Is it just me and my room or did you guys make a simmilar experience?
Old 15th September 2007
I've been using the P22's for a year or so, and I really like them.

The only thing I have noticed is a slight dip around 270Hz, but again this could just be the room.

Just got an Adam Sub10 a couple of days ago to complement the monitors, and it hasn't hade a big difference.
Old 16th September 2007
im using P22A for couple of yrs.. noticed slight lack in bass in mix position, but it was good in other parts of the room... so i put some absorbers on RFZones.. and bass improved.

however, i feel P22 has slight dip or nonlinearity at the crossover point, btwn hi and lo drivers. like most 2-way speakers i guess..

so , im getting Fostex 6301 or powered Avatones (if they ever stop being vaporware), to complement the ADAMs. so i can dbl check how the mix sounds on crap/sml listening as well, but also to help me level the ever-important midrange more accurately (no crossover).
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

I've owned my P22a's for about 4 years now. I've measured their freq response in a LARGE room and they are exceptionally flat across the entire spectrum. Last year I did purchase the Sub10 to fill out 80hz and below and I think it's a perfect mate. The sub has made it a lot easier to EQ kick and bass, but I don't feel I absolutely needed it to create great mixes.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search