The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Check out this Megastudio Deal
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Check out this Megastudio Deal

Hey,
I don't know if anyone is interested but I came across this:

Search Page

It looks like the regular version of Presonus' MegaStudio comes with the regular version of Sony Vegas Movie Studio+DVD. They have it with the Platinum Edition. I know that the platinum edition lets you edit HD while the regular version doesn't.

Just passing it along.

**Looks like the link isn't working. Just go to Welcome to Abes of Maine and search for megastudio

Last edited by sssaudio; 9th September 2007 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: link not working
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

It also looks like they have some good prices in general (although not a lot of selection). A lot of the stuff is in that "add to cart" fashion to see the price, but you can immediately remove it once you see the price. Might be worth to keep an eye on them.
Old 9th September 2007
BE CAREFUL.

In fact, better to not do business with this company at all.

A quick google search of 'abes of maine' and 'better business bureau' among other interesting search terms will bring up hundreds of horror stories.

They're a typical Brooklyn grey-market camera dealer, who have clearly branched out into audio a bit as well.

Besides, if you do try to buy this at that price, a sales rep will likely ring you up and force you to buy a whole pile of overpriced 'extras.' If you refuse, they'll mysteriously be out of stock on the base item.
Old 10th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hey,
Yeah, I actually heard things like that. But I was interested so I called up just to find out some info and they told me that they had 5 MegaStudio Producers with that upgrade in stock, and the salesman was actually pretty nice about it. He didn't try to force anything on me at all. I asked why they only had a few brands in their store and he told me they just started building pro audio and musical instrument departments and that they'll have more items and more companies soon.
I guess everybody's experience is different. Either way, I haven't bought anything yet but if I do and there's anything fishy I'll be sure to post it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search