The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Massey Plug-in!!!!! DAW Software
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

New Massey Plug-in!!!!!

Hope this isn't old news, but I just checked the Massey website and I see the new TD5 analog tape delay plug-in!!!

I wish I had some money. Has anyone used it yet?
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

yup. old news. but worth reminding others about. I bought it. its great.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by withintheflux View Post
yup. old news. but worth reminding others about. I bought it. its great.
Damn, sorry about that. It's good though, you say? I'd expect nothing less from ole Steve. I LOVE his plugs. They the only ones I use most of the time. I can't wait to try this one.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Massey is the best.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, I downloaded the demos and I agree that it sounds great. The only catch is that it only runs RTAS on a MIX24 rig, which is what I have. It will run TDM on an HD rig. He said it's because the chips aren't powerful enough on mix farm cards. Oh well... I will admit that it sounds great though.

-Aaron
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

I haven't bought it yet but I messed around with it on some weird background vox the other day. It was splendid indeed! I will be shelling out the paltry amount that Steve undercharges for these great plugs.
Old 9th September 2007
Got it, love it. Massey plugs are great and I still can't believe how affordable they are.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

Got it too, wonderful plug.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

It's not very flexible compared to the competition, but I think it's perhaps my all time favorite sounding delay.

I reviewed it a while ago:
ProTooler → Post » REVIEW: Massey TD5
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

Hi,

Glad y'all are liking it. I've just posted a new version, which includes a bunch of functionality improvements in the user interface. The RTAS version is also a tad more CPU efficient. Worth a download, if you've been using v1.0.

Thanks!
Steve
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

The delay sounds great and fits in a mix where a lot of delay plugins don't. thumbsup
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound and form View Post
Hi,

Glad y'all are liking it. I've just posted a new version, which includes a bunch of functionality improvements in the user interface. The RTAS version is also a tad more CPU efficient. Worth a download, if you've been using v1.0.

Thanks!
Steve
Who..us? Like YOUR plug ins? Naaaahhh...

Seriously Steve, what's new? Great work as always. Just another plugin to have to find excuses to use. Awesome.
Old 22nd October 2007
Here for the gear

Love the TD5. I was looking at a session on an old machine and noticed an instance of TimeFNK and looked around for a nice delay like this, just tried it (belatedly) and got distracted for way too long last night just playing with the demo. It sounds soooooooo good. Massey stuff rules.
Old 22nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Yes, the TD5 is great!

I'm more interested in hearing about the latest plugin! Didn't someone say something about a de-esser?

Massey is also currently developing (early stages right now) a stand-alone "plugin collector" app, which takes settings from Massey plugins in your Pro Tools session and displays them all in one organized GUI. I think this is Mac only (at least at this point,) so I'm not sure how the testing is going right now (lemme know if I spilled too many beans, Steve!)
Old 22nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Finally got a newer more powerful machine running and bought TD5 and the CT4. Might still buy Tapehead as well... TD5 sounds so good. I've used it on almost every song I've mixed lately somewhere.
Old 22nd October 2007
Gear Maniac

This thread reminded me to go ahead and just buy TD5, been lovin' the demo.
Already own Tape-Head and next up will be the CT4, then the VT3, then the L2007...

BTW, just out of curiosity, what do you users of the THC distortion use it for?
I got the demo and it's not a bad plug by any means, but I just haven't found an area where it really hits the spot, you know?
Old 22nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaka View Post
I got the demo and it's not a bad plug by any means, but I just haven't found an area where it really hits the spot, you know?
I like the THC on bass DI to dirty it up and give it an amp-type sound. Also gotten use of thc on clean digital synth sounds, for a more organic dirty sound. Works great on drum buss for some depth too.

Also, for that drive thru window vocal sound...works great!!!

Old 22nd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
This thread reminded me to go ahead and just buy TD5, been lovin' the demo.
Already own Tape-Head and next up will be the CT4, then the VT3, then the L2007...

I tend to use it on a duplicated floor/rack tom drum track and mix in with the clean signal. Gotta watch the latency though its about 81ms in ptle7.3

also I have used it a little on panned l+r electric guitars.
Old 22nd October 2007
Gear Maniac

my favourite plug-in delay at the moment! cant go wrong with it!!
Old 23rd October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

undersnare, sometimes a parallel guitar or bass.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search