The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I'm So Stupid! (Cubase Folk Please Enter)
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I'm So Stupid! (Cubase Folk Please Enter)

Hi Guys...

Ugh!... Just recorded & mixed an entire track, I pull up a plugin & blaow! Instant crash - upon opening Cubase I came to the realisation that I HADN'T SAVED A .CPR FILE!

Now I Assume the mixing portion is gone. I Still have the fades & audio files is there anyway to get these back in order with the exception of manually re-aligning everything?

I'm so pissed about this it's unreal - what's annoying is I can only be pissed at my stupidity. If you know of anyway I can revert any of this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

All the best,

DTS.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

In PT there's the auto-backup feature- does cubase have something similar?
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the response lowfreq. I don't know but i sure hope so, any Cubase vets?
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Hi,

Cubase has indeed a back-up feature. It saved my ass more than once! In the menu Preferences --> General you can set the Auto Save Interval en the Maximum Back-up Files. But if you never did this I'm afraid you will have to mix your session again... But knowing this, hopefully this will be the last time this happens to you!

Good luck!
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Maniac

I have Cubase LE and when I installed it for the first time and everytime after that the auto backup feature seems to default to every ten minutes or something like and is automatically turned on by default. It doesn't save it as a CPR file though I think it saves it with a different file extension, not sure as I haven't had to restore any backups in forever and I don't use cubase that often anymore. I would look around the folders where everything is stored and see if you see any kind a files that might look like backup files and what not. I'll look around on my cubase machine when I get a chance and see what the extension is and where it sticks them. but I would look to see if the feature is turned on by default and then if it is there should be some kind of backup file there somewhere.

Hope you can restore it. Sucks to lose stuff like that .. I had a similar problem with not making backups and lost six months of work that my band was recording in our project studio when the external drive that everything was on tipped off the tower and hit the floor and stopped working. from that point on I make like three or four backups haha.

-- Ben

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search