The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can anyone give me some feedback on these Blue microphones? Condenser Microphones
Old 5th November 2007
Lives for gear

please stay on topic: feedback on these blue mics.

Thanks.
Old 5th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meriphew View Post
I disagree on those two points. I've found that the Baby Bottle works great in front of amps, and on some vox. I've also found that the Mouse works well in front of a bass amp, and on some vox.
+1 for baby bottle on amps and vox. it works well on a few male vocalists ive used it on, and now that ive moved my mic collection to the post production studio i work at, it gets used several times a week for VO and does a great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
How would the baby bottle handle drums? I'm not talking about close mic'ing a snare but more like a meter or so in front of the kit and in a small room with fairly loud drums.
ive close mic'ed drums with it before, and it did great, really worked for a thick ballad snare sound. the issue is that it can handle the SPL very well, no distortion of the mic, but the output is SUPER hot, almost line level, and you really need a 10-15db pad if you want to use this mic on drums.

it should be noted that my baby bottle is a V2, made in latvia, as compared to the V3 which has the aforementioned screws on the head of the mic and has different sound characteristics, particularly in the upper midrange and high freq.
Old 5th November 2007
Blueberry is a good Mic! very similar to a U87!

anybody knows what is the deal with RED MICs?
Old 5th November 2007
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
Blueberry is a good Mic! very similar to a U87!

anybody knows what is the deal with RED MICs?
Amiel, I do and we sell them and use them. What do you need to know?

War
Old 5th November 2007
500 series nutjob

i own several BLUE mic's as well as both of the RED bodies.
the BLUEBERRY is among one of my favorite vocal mics.
i also have the DRAGONFLY i like it on lots of things i want a bit more in you face.
the RED mics i love and feel the type B is a very very under rated mic!!!!
Old 5th November 2007
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIEL View Post
I heard later they manufactured them in China...
absolutely not true.
Old 5th November 2007
Gear Nut

Hey there, I use my baby bottle a lot, I use it on bass cabs, it sounds awesome I always us a baby bottle, beta 52, and DI and always use the baby bottle as the main signal. On clean and distorted guitars its awesome it has a lot of detail. It gets used also outside of the kick (with a pad, for the most part a padis needed in most cases orther vocals or acoustic guitars, since the output is very hot) on the ride, snare you name it. I love this mic it is kinda dark sometimes but it translates sounds very well, with its own love attached.

On vocals I don`t use it as much I mostly use other mics for that but I have used it rock vocals before when I wanted detail but the singer was too agressive to use other mics I normally use for vocals. It is a little more detailed than the SM7B but it can take the abuse the SM7B can take.

I have been wanting to get my hands on a mouse for sometime know, I love how crazy they look too.
Old 5th November 2007
Gear Addict

i have a blue baby bottle. it's probably the original one - i bought it several years ago. someone earlier mentioned it was a dark mic- which is definitely true for me. it really depends on the source whether it sounds good.

for vocals - it sounds OK. it's not great. i use my AKG C414 TLII way more often....

for guitar amps, it's actually pretty cool. i sit it about 2 or 3 feet from the speaker, off-axis ... and it provides a nice "presence" and well-rounded tone.
Old 6th November 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Amiel, I do and we sell them and use them. What do you need to know?

War

Hi War! I just want to know if the RED mics have any affiliation with Blue mics? and how good they are...I own a BlueBerry and really like it.
Old 7th November 2007
500 series nutjob

i am not War but i can say this!
Skipper Wise owns both BLUE and RED.
Old 7th November 2007
Gear Maniac

I own both the dragonfly and the baby bottle

The dragonfly is awesome on guitar amps, defintly like it better then the baby bottle or a 57. not to bad on acoustic guitar to, but placement makes a HUGE difference, when i first got it and just threw it up and pressed record i thought maybe it was broken cause it sounded so bad, but after messing with it for a while i got a pretty nice sound out of it. The baby bottle doesnt sound bad on anything but i dont think it really sounds good either, would of rather spent the money on a fathead II or something.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search