The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 Sound Examples Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 6th September 2007
  #1
Bricasti M7 Sound Examples

Hi,
here are some soundbits of my Bricasti M7

The "pure" files are the raw ones without reverb and then I choose "a bit randomly"
just to have an overall impression of the sounds.

It's an acoustic guitar, a bit of a Sample-Orchestra , a Snare Mic and a single Rim-Shot, about 30 examples all in all. The names are the original Bricasti names.

http://www.da-x.de/news/2007/09/06/h...neue-masstabe/

enjoy,
kosi
Old 8th September 2007
  #2
Lives for gear
 
laser's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosi View Post
Hi,
here are some soundbits of my Bricasti M7

The "pure" files are the raw ones without reverb and then I choose "a bit randomly"
just to have an overall impression of the sounds.

It's an acoustic guitar, a bit of a Sample-Orchestra , a Snare Mic and a single Rim-Shot, about 30 examples all in all. The names are the original Bricasti names.

Hallprozessor Bricasti M7 setzt neue Maßstäbe | Digital AudionetworX - News

enjoy,
kosi
Kosi,

Thanks very much for this. I'm surprised more people haven't responded to your thread.

The problem with the acoustic guitar is that it was recorded so well that most of the reverbs seemed to detract from the pure sound. The small tiled room was nice.

The Orch Concert Hall was extremely nice. The Rim Europa--stunning. Very nice reverb.

I didn't listen to them all. Which did you like best?

Laser
Old 8th September 2007
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Audio Hombre's Avatar
 

very nice.thanks for posting these
Old 9th September 2007
  #4
Lives for gear
 

A Bump and a thanks to keep the thread alive........Sounds very nice!!!!


Ron Florentine
Soundswest Studio
Old 9th September 2007
  #5
Gear Head
 

Sounds great

I think the reverb is fantastic .
Old 9th September 2007
  #6
Lives for gear
 

Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing this at AES.

I must say, I am a bit concerned about spending $3500 on a single reverb unit. I mean for that price, I could buy TDM Altiverb, TDM TL Space, a Kurzweil Rumour, and TWO Lexicon PCM91's.

I'm not saying that it's not worth the price, only that in this day and age of unlimited-instance plug-ins, it gets tougher to justify that much money on a single-instance product.
Old 9th September 2007
  #7
Lives for gear
 
jamwerks's Avatar
 

Bricasti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post

I'm not saying that it's not worth the price, only that in this day and age of unlimited-instance plug-ins, it gets tougher to justify that much money on a single-instance product.
Old 9th September 2007
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Perhaps they'll consider porting it over to TDM?
Old 9th September 2007
  #9
Lives for gear
 
laser's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post
Yeah, I'm looking forward to hearing this at AES.

I must say, I am a bit concerned about spending $3500 on a single reverb unit. I mean for that price, I could buy TDM Altiverb, TDM TL Space, a Kurzweil Rumour, and TWO Lexicon PCM91's.

I'm not saying that it's not worth the price, only that in this day and age of unlimited-instance plug-ins, it gets tougher to justify that much money on a single-instance product.
I understand your point, especially if you're comfortable in a world of Altiverb--which is a great bargain for what you get and especially in light of the multi-core processors available today.

I bet, though, with good use of Aux Sends and the Bricasti in the analog world I could get equal or better usage from the Bricasti than the most could with all the verbs listed above.

Just another viewpoint, though I certainly see your side, as well.

Laser
Old 9th September 2007
  #10
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
I understand your point, especially if you're comfortable in a world of Altiverb--which is a great bargain for what you get and especially in light of the multi-core processors available today.

I bet, though, with good use of Aux Sends and the Bricasti in the analog world I could get equal or better usage from the Bricasti than the most could with all the verbs listed above.

Just another viewpoint, though I certainly see your side, as well.

Laser
But it can only handle one preset at a time...is this correct?

I mean, if you have multiple instances on the Altiverbs and TL Space, along with a Kurzweil Rumour and two Lex PCM91's, you could have, like 10 different reverb spaces set up for a mix. But the Bric, you'd have to choose a single setting and that would be it, right?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding its architecture?
Old 10th September 2007
  #11
Lives for gear
 
laser's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post
But it can only handle one preset at a time...is this correct?

I mean, if you have multiple instances on the Altiverbs and TL Space, along with a Kurzweil Rumour and two Lex PCM91's, you could have, like 10 different reverb spaces set up for a mix. But the Bric, you'd have to choose a single setting and that would be it, right?

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding its architecture?
Yes, that's true. You are understanding the architecture correctly.

I'm saying that using aux sends, you can pan and level, thus create what you really want in the reverb--the correct sense of spatiality and a slight enrichment of the instrument. A great reverb can often get better results utilizing your board with one well-chosen/well-adjusted preset than having several above-average reverbs at your disposal used individually.

Some of the best spatiality I've heard in records used rooms for their reverb effect--often it was the same room for multiple instruments, just different positioning.

I haven't even got into bouncing and using wet/dry tracks, which would enable you to utilize different setting on the Bricasti. We all (me included) utilize the firepower of digital so much that we forget real workable solutions existed before digital was used at all in recording.

Laser
Old 10th September 2007
  #12
Gear Head
 

With the sound of these this is not a thread you'd expect to just lie there.

Focusing on the orchestral excerpt (nice writing), the reverb is stunning. A powerful new weapon for folks doing sample-based orchestral work. Takes the sound into the big leagues - the kinda secret sauce that's worth three and a half G's.

Thanks for putting this together. Firms up my decision to plunk down for an M7.
Old 10th September 2007
  #13
Lives for gear
 
GYang's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resonater View Post
But it can only handle one preset at a time...is this correct?

I mean, if you have multiple instances on the Altiverbs and TL Space, along with a Kurzweil Rumour and two Lex PCM91's, you could have, like 10 different reverb spaces set up for a mix. But the Bric, you'd have to choose a single setting and that would be it, right?
I tried similar many times with VSTis.
In reality appropriate using of reverb is not always obvious and as expected.
Very often (with exception of reverbs used purely as effects on tracks, not room-space simulators) the best results are produced with one or two high quality reverbs precisely (and sparsely) implemented into mix accross tracks where necessary. Despite how appealing might be to use separate reverbs on many instances I've found not to use this approach.
Old 10th September 2007
  #14
Lives for gear
 
Tibbon's Avatar
God that thing sounds good. I want.
Old 10th September 2007
  #15
Gear Maniac
 
Firefox's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleartrueblue View Post
With the sound of these this is not a thread you'd expect to just lie there.

Focusing on the orchestral excerpt (nice writing), the reverb is stunning. A powerful new weapon for folks doing sample-based orchestral work. Takes the sound into the big leagues - the kinda secret sauce that's worth three and a half G's.

Thanks for putting this together. Firms up my decision to plunk down for an M7.
I hate to tell you....but unless the mix of sample-based orchestral music is awesome, the best reverb in the world isn't gonna do ANYTHING for yah.... it is all about the MIX... not the reverb.

A great mixer can take a sample based orchestra and Altiverb and make a mix that sounds WAY better than an average mixer armed with a Bricasti.

and I know...... this I know for sure.
Old 10th September 2007
  #16
Lives for gear
 
Rob King's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
I hate to tell you....but unless the mix of sample-based orchestral music is awesome, the best reverb in the world isn't gonna do ANYTHING for yah.... it is all about the MIX... not the reverb.

A great mixer can take a sample based orchestra and Altiverb and make a mix that sounds WAY better than an average mixer armed with a Bricasti.

and I know...... this I know for sure.
I completely agree....On that note, I am loving my Bricasti M7! Just over a week now, And it sounds fantastic. I also own, Tl Space, Waves IR-1 and Ativerb. The Bricasti has it's own lil' vibe for sure. It is hard to explain it's natural creamy sound. Everyone should really listen, test and mix with one before passing any judgements.
Old 10th September 2007
  #17
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

Kosi, you have a good ear for reverb, judging from the variation in the programs you posted. Thanks for putting them up, and prompting such an excellent discussion.

-Casey
Old 10th September 2007
  #18
Lives for gear
 
laser's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
I hate to tell you....but unless the mix of sample-based orchestral music is awesome, the best reverb in the world isn't gonna do ANYTHING for yah.... it is all about the MIX... not the reverb.

A great mixer can take a sample based orchestra and Altiverb and make a mix that sounds WAY better than an average mixer armed with a Bricasti.

and I know...... this I know for sure.
Thank you, Dr. Obvious.

The orchestral music in the samples was awesome. The Bricasti made it better. And, that's why I pay good money for a great reverb.

How about you?

Laser
Old 10th September 2007
  #19
Lives for gear
 
laser's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Kosi, you have a good ear for reverb, judging from the variation in the programs you posted. Thanks for putting them up, and prompting such an excellent discussion.

-Casey
....and thank you Casey for coming out with a great reverb. Can't wait to see what you do next!

Laser
Old 10th September 2007
  #20
Lives for gear
 
Froombosch's Avatar
 

Anyone compared them to the other great machines?

Stuff like 480's, real plates, H8000, AMS stuff and so?

I got a 8000/91 and eclipse. How is the bloom of this unit???



Harrie
Old 10th September 2007
  #21
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
I hate to tell you....but unless the mix of sample-based orchestral music is awesome, the best reverb in the world isn't gonna do ANYTHING for yah.... it is all about the MIX... not the reverb.

A great mixer can take a sample based orchestra and Altiverb and make a mix that sounds WAY better than an average mixer armed with a Bricasti.

and I know...... this I know for sure.
Not to interrupt your axe-grinding, but...you are responding here to ideas neither stated nor implied in my post.
Old 10th September 2007
  #22
thanks for posting, it really sounds beautiful! LOVE the plates and also the orchestral stage. very special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laser View Post
.....I'm saying that using aux sends, you can pan and level, thus create what you really want in the reverb--the correct sense of spatiality and a slight enrichment of the instrument. A great reverb can often get better results utilizing your board with one well-chosen/well-adjusted preset than having several above-average reverbs at your disposal used individually.

Some of the best spatiality I've heard in records used rooms for their reverb effect--often it was the same room for multiple instruments, just different positioning.
.......

Laser
true

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
I tried similar many times with VSTis.
In reality appropriate using of reverb is not always obvious and as expected.
Very often (with exception of reverbs used purely as effects on tracks, not room-space simulators) the best results are produced with one or two high quality reverbs precisely (and sparsely) implemented into mix accross tracks where necessary. Despite how appealing might be to use separate reverbs on many instances I've found not to use this approach.
true
Old 21st March 2015
  #23
Here for the gear
 

I'm looking for a used Bricasti M7.

Hello, my name Is Scotty.
I'm starting a small studio in the bottom of a church.
I'm looking for a used Bricasti M7.
I don't care what it looks like.
It can be spray painted and have graffiti on it.
It can be in multiple pieces.
It can be a processor board with alligator clips.
If it was used in a smoke filled studio, I don't care.

Thanks!
[email protected]
Old 21st March 2015
  #24
Lives for gear
 
Earcatcher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonaudio View Post
Hello, my name Is Scotty.
I'm starting a small studio in the bottom of a church.
I'm looking for a used Bricasti M7.
I don't care what it looks like.
It can be spray painted and have graffiti on it.
It can be in multiple pieces.
It can be a processor board with alligator clips.
If it was used in a smoke filled studio, I don't care.

Thanks!
[email protected]
I'm afraid nobody treats his Bricasti in ways that it will look like any of those options.
Old 21st March 2015
  #25
Lives for gear
 
clonewar's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by princetonaudio View Post
Hello, my name Is Scotty.
I'm starting a small studio in the bottom of a church.
I'm looking for a used Bricasti M7.
I don't care what it looks like.
It can be spray painted and have graffiti on it.
It can be in multiple pieces.
It can be a processor board with alligator clips.
If it was used in a smoke filled studio, I don't care.

Thanks!
[email protected]
Put a WTB (Want To Buy) ad up in the Classifieds. It's definitely worth the $20 to get Classifieds access if you're going to be buying gear like this.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread
Thread Starter / Forum
Replies
Led / High end
923
norman_nomad / High end
219
Flying_Dutchman / High end
3
kingofthecrate / So much gear, so little time
5
kataztraphy / Work In Progress / Advice Requested / Show and Tell / Artist Showcase / Mix-Offs
6

Forum Jump
Forum Jump