The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Uncle walt's band, I must share this beauty.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Uncle walt's band, I must share this beauty.

Let me start by saying that I,ve gone through many phases of music. I know all off you have as well. When I was a kid (i,m 36 now) it was rock and roll(van halen,motley crue,zepplin,Steely Dan,dicovered the beatles,prince,joni mitchell,etc.)when i was in my late teens I discovered "alternative"-darker music (cure,smiths,cocteau twins, the swans,butthole surfers,joy division,tangerine dream) man, that was my world! Found MY people!That got boring, then jazz snobery for @ 1o years, really to me, everthing just started suckin in rock (i liked soundgarden - pearl jam,STP, alice in chains,etc.), most of that stuff was cool, but most music just got boring and jazz was just repeating itself (although Brian Blade got me turned on again.) Then I discovered alot of the Thrill Jockey label stuff and feel deeply in love with music again. Singer songwriter stuff has always bored me for the most part, alot of it is good, and am always on the lookout for nice, simple music, but a couple of people with guitars singin their songs has always just been boring to me,even when it's good. Now to my post, I was turned on to UNKLE WALTS BAND a few years back, and man, these three guys from South Carolina bring tears to my eyes, it is the only "PERFECT" music i have ever heard in my life. Two guitars, stand up bass, and the most beautiful 3 part harmonies you've ever heard. All recordings done in mono, and if you've been thinking the word "warm" has really tuned into a vague , commonly thrown around term, here is the defintion.
This music is ripe with passion . I just had to let others know about it, if anyone is a fan, i would love to hear your opinions. The albulm I,ve been listening to is called "The girl on the Sunny Shore", Jesus, buy this! What do they sound like? If you've heard that Steely Dan song called" You're gold teeth part 2", theres a line in that song that goes "throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll,the answers they reveal, life is unreal",
unkle waltz band reminds me that life is unreal. That's as big as it gets for me.
P.s. I get a little chatty on the rum and ice.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Walter Hyatt

Walter Hyatt was the real deal, no question about it. He was a first class songwriter, human being and good friend.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Did you meet him in Austin? I lived there for about 6 years in the mid to late 90's, i never got to see them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search