The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
This AES will be the greatest of my life!!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

This AES will be the greatest of my life!!

I am so excited. My two favorite things in this world are rock music, and boxing. Saturday, there is a heavweight title fight at MSG. This AES is going to be a blast for me. Football is for pussys.

Anyone else going to the show and fight?
Old 5th September 2007
In the red corner Digital! In the blue corner Analog!

Sounds like a great combination (punch)

I am knocking myself out with all the puns!

Better throw in the towel

ooof! tutt
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

What mic will the announcer be using?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Leeeeeets use a high paaaaaaaaass fillllllllter to remoooooove the rrrrrrrrrrrrrumble.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
In the red corner Digital! In the blue corner Analog!

Sounds like a great combination (punch)

I am knocking myself out with all the puns!

Better throw in the towel

ooof! tutt
Classic Jules! You are the man!
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Nut

I'm definitely heading to AES on Saturday - live about 10 miles away in NJ.

As for the fight, no. I will be going out with some friends after the show to get some grub.
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Hey 84K, I 'm going at least on Sunday. Let me know if you want a ride home!! Joe
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdfoca View Post
Hey 84K, I 'm going at least on Sunday. Let me know if you want a ride home!! Joe
Thanks Joe! I will be in the city most of that week... I have an apartment there. I will be heading back to South Jersey on Sunday too... maybe we can do dinner and reflect on the show Sunday night back in Jersey.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Mouse View Post
I'm definitely heading to AES on Saturday - live about 10 miles away in NJ.

As for the fight, no. I will be going out with some friends after the show to get some grub.
You can always do grub with friends later... the fight will be awesome. Sam Peter hits like a mule and Maskaev is a mule. Definitely will be a great action packed slugfest. Jimmy Glenn's bar (Jimmy's Corner) after the fight. I'll buy first round.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

you're excited about the present day heavyweight division? i guess that makes one of us.

i'd rather watch three coats of paint dry.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaneldon View Post
you're excited about the present day heavyweight division? i guess that makes one of us.

i'd rather watch three coats of paint dry.
2007 has been the best year in boxing since the early 80s. The heavyweight division is not as bad as everyone makes out. It is popular to hate the heavyweight division these days. The 118-126 and 140-168 has had some of the best match ups in years. Forget your thoughts on the heavy's, Sam Peter is a monster, and the rematch between Sam Peter and Wlad Klitschko is an AMAZING heavyweight match up in any era. Seeing and hearing Sam Peter's punch in person is worth the price of admission.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

If I'm in the mood to see some punching I'd much rather bust a fire extinguisher over someone's face. Maybe that's just me.
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
2007 has been the best year in boxing since the early 80s. The heavyweight division is not as bad as everyone makes out. It is popular to hate the heavyweight division these days. The 118-126 and 140-168 has had some of the best match ups in years. Forget your thoughts on the heavy's, Sam Peter is a monster, and the rematch between Sam Peter and Wlad Klitschko is an AMAZING heavyweight match up in any era. Seeing and hearing Sam Peter's punch in person is worth the price of admission.
It's gonna be a great weekend
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Wish I was going to be there man....
I am a HUGE boxing fan....we gotta talk!!!!!!
Cotto is going to kill Mayweather in November. thumbsup
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
HA Ha! give me a call sometime.

I have to get in touch with Lugo. I had a session go late and I haven't made it back to my apartment yet in NYC. I feel bad, I dicked him and I didn't mean to.
Old 6th October 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
But Cotto is fighting Mosley...

I'm the same way. Boxing and Audio.
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile20 View Post

True. I thought he meant Hatton-Mayweather not Mosley-Cotto. Either way, I will be ringside at both.

The last Cotto fight (vs. Judah) had the most energetic crowd I have ever seen at MSG. Last week's Pavlik-Taylor card at the Boardwalk Hall was amazing!!!! This last quater of 007 is a great time for boxing.... and audio Ahhh.... now I have to get in the car and drive back to NYC.
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Looks like I will be walking AES on Sunday. Who's around?
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile20 View Post

Doh ...yep, got the Cotto and Hatton fight mixed up ....I have to quit posting at night!!!!
My moneys on Cotto and Hatton.
Old 6th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Doh ...yep, got the Cotto and Hatton fight mixed up ....I have to quit posting at night!!!!
My moneys on Cotto and Hatton.
bad move.

Mosley will beat Cotto. Too fast with deceptive power.

Mayweather will jab and grab, then complain about the in-fighting to the ref leading to a boring points victory.
Old 7th October 2007
Lives for gear

Ha ha....truth be told I love 3 of the 4 fighters there....but Cotto is my golden boy right now.
Mayweather is the most boring fighter in forever. he may win, but I will always pull against him. If Hatton catches him, he will go down.
Maybe we should start a boxing thread huh and get off here.

Not sure about the one judges card last night, but that was pretty impressive that Peter lived through those 3 knockdowns last night. That McCline guy is a friggin monster of a man.
Old 7th October 2007
Lives for gear

Jameel McCline is a good friend of mine. I was so excited when he got the nod to fill in and fight for the title. I used to train with him. We have been friends for 8 years. So, needless to say, I was right there at his corner, shouting instructions. It was very dissapointing when the judges score cards were that loopsided. That was bull****. I could see Peter by 1 point or a draw, but to sweep like that really hurt.

P.S. I still haven't made it to the show yet. Busy with the fight and all that. Maybe I will head over in a few... it is only 5 blocks from my apartment.
Old 7th October 2007
Lives for gear

Agreed...Don King rules huh?
Old 8th October 2007
Lives for gear

I spent 45 minutes at AES. I have to be on site for the construction of our new studio, so I don't know if I can get back tomorrow. I hope I can sneak in again.
Old 8th October 2007

Quote:
HA Ha! give me a call sometime.

I have to get in touch with Lugo. I had a session go late and I haven't made it back to my apartment yet in NYC. I feel bad, I dicked him and I didn't mean to.

No sweat man, next time.
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
bad move.

Mosley will beat Cotto. Too fast with deceptive power.

Mayweather will jab and grab, then complain about the in-fighting to the ref leading to a boring points victory.
I'm 1 for 2 baby!!!! (Wait....humility button switched back on...."Um, Mosley put up a great fight. It just wasn't good enough on this particular night")

Just f'in with ya. I actually really like both of those fighters. However I can't say the same for the next one. Mayweather bores me to tears. It's like watching the Ravens play (no offense to you Baltimore fans)....its like, score a touchdown for christ's sake.

Ha...man I just made a few enemies huh? All in love....all in love.
Old 21st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm 1 for 2 baby!!!! (Wait....humility button switched back on...."Um, Mosley put up a great fight. It just wasn't good enough on this particular night")

Just f'in with ya. I actually really like both of those fighters. However I can't say the same for the next one. Mayweather bores me to tears. It's like watching the Ravens play (no offense to you Baltimore fans)....its like, score a touchdown for christ's sake.

Ha...man I just made a few enemies huh? All in love....all in love.
I could not believe how much Cotto had in him. He surprised me. That was maybe my 4th wrong call in the last 5 years. My girlfriend has been busting my balls since the fight. It was fun. MSG was on fire that night. P.S. I had Mosley winning by one round from front row and I had the same score when I watched the replay. So, it was tight. Most boxing writers were split on their cards but no one can argue the decision. It was a great fight.

P.S.S. Cotto is the man that can kick Mayweather's ass.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search